Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oh dear how sad. Everton

batton carrier

16 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Doesn’t show creativity and trust that massive scouting network does it!?!

Its almost like they are ignoring the scouts and making rash reactive recent form based decisions!!

We have been given lists of players that have been recommended to the club by scouts and DOF for us to sign, for the owner and certain managers to veto, whats the point in dof if this is going to happen.

So Richarlison was a shit signing from Watford 

8 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Who said he was??

he was just way way over priced and something everyone used against us the entire time he played for us.

You said about signing shit British from Watford as a failure of the scouting system

He came from Watford 

You raved about his talents in the world cup 

Do you regret buying him?

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

You said about signing shit British from Watford as a failure of the scouting system

He came from Watford 

You raved about his talents in the world cup 

Do you regret buying him?

I also said British based players….its just lazy.

Yes 1 or 2 will hit over the period, but it does sum up our scouting/targeting…its reactive.

My thought is we picked Richarlison cos we loved Marco Silva at that time, and went all in for him.

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Right, to finally reply to this from my own personal point of view.

Fair enough you have a view of a concentrated group in a city centre and I would say thats the same for many city centres.

For me, my family is split half Liverpool and half bolton. The bolton half is split over 3/4 areas of the town, the scouse  side over 2 areas… and its not the scousers that I dont trust and are full of jobless druggy cunts, its my family in this town. Not a pair of jeans or trousers between them…trackies and sports direct shite from head to toe.

On tag/in prison, drug addicted, cash in hand, lend me a fiver losers….all from my Bolton side in all the areas the live in.

one of my scouse lot even comes to bolton games now n again and some of you have met him….not 1 of my bolton family even support this towns club, in between the crying to social, robbing and begging for the sympathy…they have no time to go the game.

All but 1 or 2 of my scouse family work, and go to watch their team every week.

Some in this thread throwing names at scousers i know for a fact are much worse than my scouse family, and have been utter scruffy, tax dodging benefit loving, piss pot, trouble making drug taking thugs

not many can take the moral high-ground.

Thats your bite, thats all your having.

😁

Bravo Pablo. 👍

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Right, to finally reply to this from my own personal point of view.

Fair enough you have a view of a concentrated group in a city centre and I would say thats the same for many city centres.

For me, my family is split half Liverpool and half bolton. The bolton half is split over 3/4 areas of the town, the scouse  side over 2 areas… and its not the scousers that I dont trust and are full of jobless druggy cunts, its my family in this town. Not a pair of jeans or trousers between them…trackies and sports direct shite from head to toe.

On tag/in prison, drug addicted, cash in hand, lend me a fiver losers….all from my Bolton side in all the areas the live in.

one of my scouse lot even comes to bolton games now n again and some of you have met him….not 1 of my bolton family even support this towns club, in between the crying to social, robbing and begging for the sympathy…they have no time to go the game.

All but 1 or 2 of my scouse family work, and go to watch their team every week.

Some in this thread throwing names at scousers i know for a fact are much worse than my scouse family, and have been utter scruffy, tax dodging benefit loving, piss pot, trouble making drug taking thugs

not many can take the moral high-ground.

Thats your bite, thats all your having.

😁

Hahahaha. You don’t mean a word of that. 

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

Hahahaha. You don’t mean a word of that. 

Every fooking word lad.

But, I also love that Bolton family and love this town, like I love Liverpool family and love that city, its who i am, and will defend it till I die.

Edited by Pablo

45 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I also said British based players….its just lazy.

Yes 1 or 2 will hit over the period, but it does sum up our scouting/targeting…its reactive.

My thought is we picked Richarlison cos we loved Marco Silva at that time, and went all in for him.

Do you regret signing him?

I've not really got any argument with Everton. No particular liking for them either. As a club they seem stuck in a timewarp at many levels. Like Villa and Tottenham they've never quite cut through in the Prem era. Their current transfer strategy is very 1990s. It compares very unfavourably to the way the likes of Brighton and  Brentford go about things. 

This could be their season to drop. If they scab out of it again they'll probably repair and regenerate and get themselves on the right lines. Back in the pre-Prem days you could have said a year at tier two level would do them little harm. These days you can't say that with any certainty. 

As a Bolton fan if I think of Everton I think of the titanic League Cup semi in 77, George Wood breaking Peter Reid's leg in the snow, the "White Hot" win at Goodison in 94, the season they pipped us to survival in 97/8, that 3-2 win of ours when Hierro played his last game, our 0-4 win at theirs.

Edited by paulhanley

33 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Do you regret signing him?

Not at all, but thats not the point is it?!

throw enough darts at the board, 1 will hit the bull.

we are clearly way wrong and out of touch with our transfer policy in the main.

3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Coz they're twats.

Not all the same. I know a good dozen I'd trust with your wallet.

I have a fuck site more knowledge of them as a group than I dare say you do though.

Who's they ? All of them ? Either you're a nice person who sings the national anthem or you're a twat who choses not to. Must be that simple eh. 

For all its problems, it happens to be one of the friendliest cities in the UK to live. Crime rates there are very similar to Greater Manchester per 100, 000. Whilst not trying to dismiss your experiences, clearly you've seen a lot of the negative side, there's no evidence (other than opinion) that they hold a monopoly on being scruffy cunts. 

Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Everton fans have been and will always be cunts. League cup semi at theirs they were kicking kids before and after the game. Will always hate them and hope they go down

Bolton fans throwing bricks off the top balcony and pissing onto main stand below in 1994….all bolton fans around stood laughing as it happened…..

6 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Everton fans have been and will always be cunts. League cup semi at theirs they were kicking kids before and after the game. Will always hate them and hope they go down

At burnden in 95ish i seen 5/6 bolton fans kick and throw cans at a family off many road….2 kids screaming as they chased them to a car frothing at the mouth…it took other bolton fans to stop them attacking children.

30 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Bolton fans throwing bricks off the top balcony and pissing onto main stand below in 1994….all bolton fans around stood laughing as it happened…..

i was in that bit if its the top tier and the cup game your on about where coyle scored winner. didn't see none of that going on where i was and for once i was sober having driven. most people were just happy to sit down and not fall over due to the horrendously steep stand. 

1 minute ago, itdiddidit? said:

i was in that bit if its the top tier and the cup game your on about where coyle scored winner. didn't see none of that going on where i was and for once i was sober having driven. most people were just happy to sit down and not fall over due to the horrendously steep stand. 

I was in that steep stand right at the top that night, didn’t see anything apart from Everton fans spitting at Bolton players.

7 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

Well, it happened….i remember asking my dad why was they doing it, and he was asking other why nobody is stopping it.

Its funny how these things are doubted when its you own team…

45 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Bricks? From where? 

I'm calling bollocks on that one. You'd basically be murdering someone.