Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oh dear how sad. Everton

batton carrier

10 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Got to comment that both Liverpool & Everton (like others ) have their share of morons , but the sort of character assassination they get on here is excessive .

I remember the aftermath of the 1977 league cup semi at Goodson & it wasn’t a pleasant experience plenty serious injuries inflicted by Everton’s worst.

However the group of Evertonians I met in Germany , they played Nuremberg I think the same time we played Bayern were different class . I was on my jack in  Cologne (where they flew to) & had a good night on the piss with them .On the way back met up with them again , good lads , can’t generalise or categorise , always there are dickheads & decent folk amongst us.

Always an edgy place to go to Goodison , they’ll miss that advantage when they move grounds.

This was a great trip, and mainly bacasue of the laugh we had mixing with Bolton/Everton fans the entire trip.

We went via Salzburg and every pub, train, plane seemed to be full of both sets fo fans. We then stopped in munich for a bit on the way and the same in pubs near station, it was great. Both teams got good results too.

• Members
13 hours ago, DazBob said:

We still have morons on here who refuse to believe the findings of the Hillsborough enquiry and still think it was the fault drunk/late/ticketless Liverpool fans.

Here we fucking go again. No, not 'the fault'. A contributing factor which seems to have been erased from history as it is far easier to lay the blame completely at the feet of someone else - usually someone in authority. Always the victim, it's never their fault.

I flicked on to their game at about 30 mins as dodgy box ifollow stopped working for me at end of first half. Saw both goals.

They won't be staying up with defending like that second... absolutely nobody tracking Bowen with Antonio going nowhere for a cross. They're in big trouble.

8 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Word seeping out of Merseyside that Lampard has gone with Bielsa the replacement. 

Can't vouch for it but it's a solid pair who told me what's being said.

Looks like they’re preparing for relegation, Bielsa would do a good job in the championship, not sure about his credentials in a relegation dog fight. I’d think many Everton fans be licking their lips at a 1 year trip to the championship. 

25 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Looks like they’re preparing for relegation, Bielsa would do a good job in the championship, not sure about his credentials in a relegation dog fight. I’d think many Everton fans be licking their lips at a 1 year trip to the championship. 

Aye. Win most weeks, visit some new grounds and go straight back up. What could go wrong?

36 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

For a set of fans wanting a season playing Hull and Preston, they get wildly excited when they avoid relegation