Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pop Master

Whitestar

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

No right or wrong. Each to their own innit. 

Indeed. I grew up going to the Manc Apollo, Band on The Wall, Electric Ballroom and later The Leadmill in Sheffield. Did a couple of stadiums with the likes of Oasis and didn’t enjoy. Youngest loves festivals. That’s her thing so fine. I’d rather eat my own shit. Which they probably do at these places. Although I did do Deeply Vale back in the day 

4 hours ago, Spider said:

Live music is great in any shape or form

theres a lot of snobbery around it at times but you like what you like.

I prefer smaller, more intimate gigs too. Watched loads of bands do small venues that have then go on to be massive, stadium outfits. It’s how it goes. Seen the likes of Foo fighters, Coldplay, oasis when they were playing the academy.

As a younger chap, I’d go and watch bands I’d never heard of on the off chance. Seen some absolute rotters along the way, but always had a good night, can’t whack it.

That's why I love living here. Tomorrow 7 quid 4 train stops and an amazing band just off supporting Scratchcard Lanyard.

Also, I really like seeing young new bands - always a good night and you find loads of new places in London.

And the great thing is no theatre people go

14 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Indeed. I grew up going to the Manc Apollo, Band on The Wall, Electric Ballroom and later The Leadmill in Sheffield. Did a couple of stadiums with the likes of Oasis and didn’t enjoy. Youngest loves festivals. That’s her thing so fine. I’d rather eat my own shit. Which they probably do at these places. Although I did do Deeply Vale back in the day 

Never get old - music doesn't

• Site Supporter
Just now, ZiggyStardust said:

The fuck was that ?

Nothing like overcomplicating something unneccesarily.

They had to change it as Ken Bruce owns the Pop Master format. They've fucked it up badly though. Impossible to play along and compare your scoring with the contestants.

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

They had to change it as Ken Bruce owns the Pop Master format. They've fucked it up badly though. Impossible to play along and compare your scoring with the contestants.

I know they had to change it/do something completely new.

That doesnt mean, if they have a popquz, that they have to make it utterly overengineered, in order to defferenenciate.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

That doesnt mean, if they have a popquz, that they have to make it utterly overengineered, in order to defferenenciate.

And every episode is going to be pre-recorded the day before it's aired. Absolute bobbins.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Normally listen and play along  today was a case of trying to figure out wtf was going on. What's a joker?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Ten to the top is where it’s at. Our Vern doing a great job. We move on. Never look back.👍

He does do a good job, it's just a shite format for audience participation. I moved across to Greatest Hits Radio with Ken and stayed there.

Edited by Cheese