Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bus Wanker News.

leigh white

In the days of saver 7 i must have been at a loose end one day and went to Wigan on the 615. Don't know why and i think i might have bought an LP. Anyway on the way back was dying for a p**s, it was midweek and the bus was virtually empty certainly only me upstairs, anyway gets near the wingates area and i couldn't hold ot in any longer, lobbed out the relief was instant.

All was well until it went through the Lostock area, well its up & down and that p**s flowed back and forward along the top deck like a wave machine.

Miraculously nobody else got on and as i got off down Deane rd the driver said nowt but did give me a dirty look.

• Site Supporter

Lad waited an hour and twenty minutes this week for a 471 to Bury (college).

Supposed to be every 10 mins.

It's been crap since he's been there, and early starts have required a lift.

Anyway, the way buses are operated is being changed- our mayor is involved in it all.

10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Lad waited an hour and twenty minutes this week for a 471 to Bury (college).

Supposed to be every 10 mins.

It's been crap since he's been there, and early starts have required a lift.

Anyway, the way buses are operated is being changed- our mayor is involved in it all.

Same with 524 comes when it wants, also the app with tracker is a bag of shite 

47 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Have you lot got the digital signs to tell you when buses are coming at every stop? - if not lobby whoever to get those in.

We've got them... they're run by the council not the bus companies and reflect the times as stated on the timetable and not their actual live position 

So quite pointless!

12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

That is useless. The whole point of them is that they tell you in real time who long you have to wait.

Maybe it's because there are a number of different companies operating, whereas in London (where they are not at every stop) it's just TfL so much easier to operate

6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Maybe it's because there are a number of different companies operating, whereas in London (where they are not at every stop) it's just TfL so much easier to operate

They are at all major town centre stops - even out here in Shortlands. The buses all over the cpaital are great, realiable and tons of routes. 

Either way - folk have got a shitty stick with their buses/public transport overall.

34 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

They are at all major town centre stops - even out here in Shortlands. The buses all over the cpaital are great, realiable and tons of routes. 

Either way - folk have got a shitty stick with their buses/public transport overall.

But there's a lot of in between major town centres locations where they aren't there 

I was in Coulesdon yesterday, no sign at the stop and the bus was late 

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It'd better be a lot to have to go to Coulston. To be fair I see it more as surrey - Think its closer to Crawley than central London if memory serves.

Apparently Surrey has more golf courses than any other county in England 

Can't see how it's much different to Bromley apart from being a day out for people from Catford and Lewisham