Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dapo's new club St. Pauli interesting read

Nottm_Wanderer

I met a bloke at a photography exhibition tonight , he was wearing a St. Pauli scarf, so I struck up a conversation with him .

His daughter works in Hamburg and essentially St. Pauli are one fabulous club with a massive fan base and a unique way of working with their fans . The article below is a good read and I love one of the final quotes about mega rich sponsors ... 

If Qatar airlines comes calling we tell them to "fcuk off"

https://www.newframe.com/st-pauli-a-football-club-like-no-other-in-the-world/

Have a read 

1 hour ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

I met a bloke at a photography exhibition tonight , he was wearing a St. Pauli scarf, so I struck up a conversation with him .

His daughter works in Hamburg and essentially St. Pauli are one fabulous club with a massive fan base and a unique way of working with their fans . The article below is a good read and I love one of the final quotes about mega rich sponsors ... 

If Qatar airlines comes calling we tell them to "fcuk off"

https://www.newframe.com/st-pauli-a-football-club-like-no-other-in-the-world/

Have a read 

Sounds absolutely awful.

ffs, watch football, cheer & cry, get angry, be excited. Loathe your opponents for a couple of hours. 

• Site Supporter

Belting boozer 5 mins from the ground full of memorabilia and graffiti. I’m tempted to go over for game. Been thinking about it for while, time to make it happen.

Be great if they go down and play the loonies who came here for a friendly - Magdeburg or something like that

1 hour ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

“Other clubs say that politics should stay away from football,” says Sven Brux, St Pauli’s head of matchday and fan affairs. “Our whole board disagrees. We are responsible for what happens around us and for people living in our area.”

that will put some people in a spin!

Tbf that wouldn’t look out of place in one of our announcements 

I went to Bochum once as part of a football weekend and they played St Pauli, Bochum won 3-0 but the Pauli fans were still sounding like they were 3 up by the end, seriously loud.

Got speaking to some of them on the way back to the station after and they told me some of the clubs story, stadium in red light district, pole dancing club in one of the exec boxes etc. Never been Hamburg, it's on the list.

11 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I went to Bochum once as part of a football weekend and they played St Pauli, Bochum won 3-0 but the Pauli fans were still sounding like they were 3 up by the end, seriously loud.

Got speaking to some of them on the way back to the station after and they told me some of the clubs story, stadium in red light district, pole dancing club in one of the exec boxes etc. Never been Hamburg, it's on the list.

Now my second team.

12 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It's a tremendous place.   Very eye opening

Went to Hamburg a few years ago and went to watch them against Aue. Dive bars near the ground packed out before kick off, blokes selling cans out of shopping trolleys, weed hanging in the air, punk rock blasting from a speaker somewhere. Great afternoon.

1 minute ago, tshape said:

Went to Hamburg a few years ago and went to watch them against Aue. Dive bars near the ground packed out before kick off, blokes selling cans out of shopping trolleys, weed hanging in the air, punk rock blasting from a speaker somewhere. Great afternoon.

Sounds like the woods around Union Berlin that, these are the kinds of clubs everyone should go and experience at least once it's a different world.

32 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Now my second team.

Their brown shirts would go lovely with your complexion 😃

42 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I went on @tomskistag do, it was a great place - we watched, I think Hamburg v Dortmund and it ended about 3-5 I think, with Aubameyang maybe getting a hattrick. Beer in your seats, the crowd going mental, it was great. I really must go again. Garrp made me get drunk though, so I remember very little about the evening afterwards. I just recall waking up in the morning to the groans of @DazBobbeing dry humped by @Big E

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I went on @tomskistag do, it was a great place - we watched, I think Hamburg v Dortmund and it ended about 3-5 I think, with Aubameyang maybe getting a hattrick. Beer in your seats, the crowd going mental, it was great. I really must go again. Garrp made me get drunk though, so I remember very little about the evening afterwards. I just recall waking up in the morning to the groans of @DazBobbeing dry humped by @Big E

Is it a kind of grubbier Amsterdam? This bloke I used to work with (The one who's life motto is "MCFC & Tits") used to go for weekends with the sole intention of just staying in the London Bar on the Reeperbahn for 3 days solid.

Come on FV, we need a pre season friendly there.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Famously left wing, some on here will hate them.

Hipster football club of choice due to politics and branding. Let's face it, they've got some top merch.

There is a female work colleague at Richmond and Wandsworth Councils who I would say is very left wing and into LGBTQ stuff who watches St Pauli a few times a season. She is a bit frightening to look at but generally a nice girl and I told her months ago I wouldn’t mind going over to Hamburg to watch a game and sample the atmosphere she was talking about

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Is it a kind of grubbier Amsterdam? This bloke I used to work with (The one who's life motto is "MCFC & Tits") used to go for weekends with the sole intention of just staying in the London Bar on the Reeperbahn for 3 days solid.

Come on FV, we need a pre season friendly there.

Been a few times. I love it mate. My spiritual home and also where I think my soul resides. 

8 minutes ago, tomski said:

Been a few times. I love it mate. My spiritual home and also where I think my soul resides. 

The hell went on over there? 😂 I had a look at the schedule for group stage of Euros next summer and it's definitely being built into the trip.