Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest Green Rovers (H)

Zico

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not read through the thread as not long since back but I’ll hazard a guess here at say I’m probably the only one who thought we missed Kachunga when he went off. Clearly he was thick as fuck to do what he did - and a bit of a shithouse for allowing Charles to take the rap - but as a lone striker with 10 men he was always providing an outlet and closing down their back three. Once he went off, the ball was just going to keep coming back and, try as he might, Dempsey was never going to fill that void. In addition to that, I don’t think any of the four (Morley, Williams, Lee, Dempsey) looked particularly comfortable playing as two banks of two.

I do wonder whether playing without a recognised striker, even with Sadlier sat on the bench, was Evatt’s way of asking for a bit of cash to spend on a striker in the window, particularly as that’ll be (presumably) Kachunga out for three games.

Still, that’s exactly the sort of game where previously we might have crumbled under the late pressure, so the nature of the win certainly won’t do any harm and will hopefully stand them in good stead for future tests. 

Yes you are.

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not read through the thread as not long since back but I’ll hazard a guess here at say I’m probably the only one who thought we missed Kachunga when he went off. Clearly he was thick as fuck to do what he did - and a bit of a shithouse for allowing Charles to take the rap - but as a lone striker with 10 men he was always providing an outlet and closing down their back three. Once he went off, the ball was just going to keep coming back and, try as he might, Dempsey was never going to fill that void. In addition to that, I don’t think any of the four (Morley, Williams, Lee, Dempsey) looked particularly comfortable playing as two banks of two.

I do wonder whether playing without a recognised striker, even with Sadlier sat on the bench, was Evatt’s way of asking for a bit of cash to spend on a striker in the window, particularly as that’ll be (presumably) Kachunga out for three games.

Still, that’s exactly the sort of game where previously we might have crumbled under the late pressure, so the nature of the win certainly won’t do any harm and will hopefully stand them in good stead for future tests. 

People are saying he didn't put a shift in. 

I think he did. He gave 100% for the whole match. He just wasn't very good at it. 

OK maybe 85% sometimes when he only half challenges. 

But Evatt must surely drop him now. 

I feel bad for the guy a bit as its not worked out for him... 

and I've never seen a player more disliked by his own fans. Yikes. 

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Yes, you are the only one… he’s beyond defending… utter tripe, nothing he does impresses me. 

Most of it has been said, but a mention for Toal as well who was out of position on the left side of defence (and having the added problem of playing next to the fucking useless Williams) and still put in a very solid performance.

Good to see Santos back and looking close to his imposing best.

Bradley v Dempsey running stats will make interesting reading - both outrageous.

Morley class, Lee fantastic when he came on, cracking little finish from Dion for the goal.

3 points, another clean sheet, 3 matches coming up without Kachunga and it looked like Williams went off with a niggle which might mean we’re stronger on the left for the next few matches. Onwards and upwards.

Just now, auckland_bwfc said:

Comfortable win, they'd never score in a month of Sundays.

Kachunga is done, I've not seen a million replays yet, but if he let a teammate go down in flames then he's no wanderer.

Guy is useless and needs binning.one of the worst I've seen in our shirt 

That punch was the first thing he's got on target all season tbf

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Comfortable win, they'd never score in a month of Sundays.

Kachunga is done, I've not seen a million replays yet, but if he let a teammate go down in flames then he's no wanderer.

Guy is useless and needs binning.one of the worst I've seen in our shirt 

He didn't. See Evatt's interview above.

31 minutes ago, Jayjay23 said:

... and I've never seen a player more disliked by his own fans. Yikes. 

Jeez Jj, how long have you watched us ?

I could make a first XI of players the fans harassed & Kachunga wouldn't be anywhere near it.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

The stayaways missed an unexpected thriller which is always good.Forest Green had the possession and the chances but couldn't finish which will be why they are bottom of the league.

I was most interested in the performance of Shortire.For Bolton to have the firepower to win the play offs he will have to be very good.He  had a couple of good runs from central midfield and made the pass of the season  to Dempsey but faded, his only shot went a few yards wide.I wasn't sure whether the standing ovation was for him or for his replacement Lee.I don't think he did that well but the sending off of the only decent striker obviously makes it tougher to judge him,.