Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest Green Rovers (H)

Zico

A few boos for Kachunga from our supporters is like a kiss from an angel compared to what he'd get in other european countries after that disgraceful performance.

I can't forgive someone for directly pulling us to 10 men and then walking around the pitch whilst others are breaking their bodies for the team.

Get out of the club you wet wipe.

The less kachungas in the team and the more Dempsey's and Bradleys of this world is what will head us into the right direction. 

Edited by Lostock Whites

1 minute ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Comfortable win, they'd never score in a month of Sundays.

Kachunga is done, I've not seen a million replays yet, but if he let a teammate go down in flames then he's no wanderer.

Guy is useless and needs binning.one of the worst I've seen in our shirt 

Don't quite understand the thinking of this view that he let his teammate get sent off. For all we know, and I'd hope, he was trying to tell the ref. Once they've made there decision and shown dion the red there is no way they're changing their mind on it. Surely letting players change your decision in a game there and then would open a shipping container of worms. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, boogs said:

Don't quite understand the thinking of this view that he let his teammate get sent off. For all we know, and I'd hope, he was trying to tell the ref. Once they've made there decision and shown dion the red there is no way they're changing their mind on it. Surely letting players change your decision in a game there and then would open a shipping container of worms. 

He was. Evatt confirmed so in that interview I posted earlier.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Firstly, a great win, fantastic defending by the centre backs and Bradley.  Outstanding energy and intelligence from Dempsey, then Lee. 

No defending, attacking, running or passing from Williams.  Throw ins weren't bad.  So not sure where you get 10 from, I'd say 3 which was the same as his other games to date.  Does he even enjoy playing football?  Its like he's being forced to join in against his will, but he spends the game avoiding contact with ball or man.

Well done the players that battled, not sure IE covered himself in glory with how long it took to get some reinforcements on - Williams or Lee for Shoretire was surely a given at half time or very shortly after.  Shoretire was very impressive with 11 men, happy with the signing, but not a game for him tonight, very odd to leave MJ on the bench so long.

Quietly impressed with how FGR knocked it around, they made it look like they had 2 more men than us not 1.  That little oldish guy with the left foot in midfield was eye catching with his clever passing, they were just truly awful at shooting and heading towards goal, thank God.  Trafford played a full part in the win but god knows what he was doing when he stayed rooted to his line and allowed that header from 3 yards.  

Who cares, 3 great points, no more Kachunga for a while and IE must now see that he's dropped a bollock with the new left back.

aye, was crying out for those subs, he got there in the end, delay could have cost us.

Nervewracking  but also exciting and after the final whistle, really enjoyable !!

Great spirit from the team with special mentions to Santos who I don't think missed a tackle, a header or misplaced a pass, & to both Bradley & Dempsey who ran themselves into the ground, and also to Lee for a brief , classy cameo.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The stayaways missed an unexpected thriller which is always good.Forest Green had the possession and the chances but couldn't finish which will be why they are bottom of the league.

I was most interested in the performance of Shortire For Bolton to have the firepower to win the play offs he will have to be very good.He  had a couple of good runs from central midfield and made the pass of the season  to Dempsey but faded, his only shot went a few yards wide.I wasn't sure whether the standing ovation was for him or for his replacement Lee.I don't think he did that well but the sending off of the only decent striker obviously makes it tougher to judge him,.

Why's that Rog?

• Members

Evatt: “I am also proud of the crowd because that second half was probably the best atmosphere I have heard all season at home. It had a huge impact on the players and it gave them so much life and energy. I’d like us to replicate that as much as possible.” #bwfc

Kacha's stupid action may badly cost us Saturday seeing as Charlton had the midweek game off due to a postponement so will be fresh where as we've had to run ourselves into the ground for 65 minutes in which should have been a comfortable match but what a fucking display of work rate & teamwork from the lads who gave everything to protect the three points. Superb finish from Dion, Dempsey is an absolute trojan of a player like the midfield version of Dion never gives anything up & never stops running which are the type of players we want playing in our shirt. Bradley the poor sod looked like he was about to keel over due to exhaustion after still making them lung busting runs on his own near the end before subbed, well organized defence dealt with the crosses albeit they were shocking ones into our box. Ref was a little busy prick, linesman's were short of a shilling up there... they even missed a clear handball from Bradley not that I'm complaining but they got everything fucking wrong. I know our players don't get protected on the pitch but Dapo elbowed somebody off the ball, Kacha does similar two weeks later... complete lack of discipline. Throwing a little tantrum over a shirt pull or a coming together like just get them back fair in the match like Dion does & make it horrible for them. 

1 hour ago, Deanu said:

Kacha's stupid action may badly cost us Saturday seeing as Charlton had the midweek game off due to a postponement so will be fresh where as we've had to run ourselves into the ground for 65 minutes in which should have been a comfortable match but what a fucking display of work rate & teamwork from the lads who gave everything to protect the three points. Superb finish from Dion, Dempsey is an absolute trojan of a player like the midfield version of Dion never gives anything up & never stops running which are the type of players we want playing in our shirt. Bradley the poor sod looked like he was about to keel over due to exhaustion after still making them lung busting runs on his own near the end before subbed, well organized defence dealt with the crosses albeit they were shocking ones into our box. Ref was a little busy prick, linesman's were short of a shilling up there... they even missed a clear handball from Bradley not that I'm complaining but they got everything fucking wrong. I know our players don't get protected on the pitch but Dapo elbowed somebody off the ball, Kacha does similar two weeks later... complete lack of discipline. Throwing a little tantrum over a shirt pull or a coming together like just get them back fair in the match like Dion does & make it horrible for them. 

And breathe…

6 hours ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Comfortable win, they'd never score in a month of Sundays.

Kachunga is done, I've not seen a million replays yet, but if he let a teammate go down in flames then he's no wanderer.

Guy is useless and needs binning.one of the worst I've seen in our shirt 

Not sure it was comfortable we dug in however they had great opportunities and a decent side would’ve buried us

personally we got let off but under the circumstances you take it 

• Site Supporter

I was only comfortable once the ref blew for full time but I’ll take that all day long.

Bradley and Dempsey in particular ran their bollocks off. I’m not judging Williams yet, the lad is clearly nowhere near match fit, off again with what looked like cramp. That sub told us everything about Dec Johns time left.

Sick of Kachunga. He offers nothing but last night let his team down.

Shola looked a bit Sheehan for me, luxury light weight. A few nice touches but didn’t look ready for 90 mins.

Job done, move on.