Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest Green Rovers (H)

Zico

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This.

Had McGinlay been sent off and perhaps cost us the game, then reactions may also have been a little less positive. 

Reading the comments, it seems as though the lad might not be in the best place, and we can all empathise with that. Indeed, if he needs some help I hope he gets it, with the assistance of the club.

That notwithstanding, I doubt he'll be offered a new contract. 

Their defenders hit in in the face and he's retaliated, 

If it were most of us on here it would have been more than a punch to the stomach if someone drew blood first. Watch the highlights, when Dions sent off, Katchunga has a bloody mouth. 

2 hours ago, only1swanny said:

If it were most of us on here it would have been more than a punch to the stomach if someone drew blood first. Watch the highlights, when Dions sent off, Katchunga has a bloody mouth. 

Has anything happened with their defender, retrospectively? 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, only1swanny said:

You can defend the indefensible. This player (sic) is paid to keep his emotions in check for 90 minutes. If opponents in future games (if there are any) know he’s volatile if you sneak a few digs in then he’ll be pushed all over until he snaps.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Yes, I've seen it.

Still very unprofessional of him. He needs to bring it to the attention of the ref (to blow to his mouth) at a convenient point, and/or seek retribution in a far more subtle manner. 

He's let the defender get the better of him in the mind games. 

If he is going to have a genuine rush of blood at least do it properly! :)

Kerchunga like Dapo fucked up by rising to the bait 

Unless I missed it Dapo never issued a public apology, EK has so now we move on.

Any Bolton fan abusing him is a fucking moron. Yes be critical if you must of his play but going on line to abuse him is pathetic. 

Now the dust has finally settled on the Kachunga incident I must say I find the hypocrisy of Ian Evatt representing the Club a little baffling. If any ordinary fan had been seen to be hitting another fan or opposition fan in the ground then they would no doubt have been banned for life. It wouldn't matter if they were having a bad day at work, had personal issues or whatever, none of that would have mattered.

As for booing, I find it equally baffling that anyone can get too upset about what is in effect a a very minor derogatory gesture which has gone on for centuries.

Finally as regards online abuse can only say it's totally moronic but a sign of the times we live in and I cannot understand why players who are as well paid as they are bother with social media as surely they don't need it and it's always going to attract the idiots in society. 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

Now the dust has finally settled on the Kachunga incident I must say I find the hypocrisy of Ian Evatt representing the Club a little baffling. If any ordinary fan had been seen to be hitting another fan or opposition fan in the ground then they would no doubt have been banned for life. It wouldn't matter if they were having a bad day at work, had personal issues or whatever, none of that would have mattered.

As for booing, I find it equally baffling that anyone can get too upset about what is in effect a a very minor derogatory gesture which has gone on for centuries.

Finally as regards online abuse can only say it's totally moronic but a sign of the times we live in and I cannot understand why players who are as well paid as they are bother with social media as surely they don't need it and it's always going to attract the idiots in society. 

Gammon-with-sticky-gin-marmalade_web_sma

11 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

I just can't understand the thinking of booing or cheering the substitution of one of your own like it was on the night. Like I said at the time, it made me feel really uncomfortable. 

I get booing opposition players or referee, it's almost pantomime like, but put yourself in his position on Tuesday night when thousands of folk who are supposed to be on your side do it and tell me you wouldn't find it upsetting. 

Anyway, it's been discussed to death on here really. I just find it counterproductive and a bit moronic tbh. 

13 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

I agree with that, I can't imagine what possesses anyone in the public eye to invite comments from strangers, knowing you're only one bad game away from being a "villain" or laughing stock.  

On Kachunga, I've gone from not rating him as a player to now only wanting the best for him.  I feel terrible for him, he was already unpopular, now in relative terms he's gone to the level of Beckham getting sent off v the Argies.  Then when he's at his lowest ebb (according to IE) and banned for 3 games, we go out and sign not one but 2 replacement strikers.  I don't feel at all comfortable with it and would love him to somehow get a go in the team and do himself justice, and get back in everyone's good books.  Its gone beyond football, I feel for the bloke.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Walkden White said:

Are you for real? Or someone fishing for nibbles with that load of tripe. 

59 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I agree with that, I can't imagine what possesses anyone in the public eye to invite comments from strangers, knowing you're only one bad game away from being a "villain" or laughing stock.  

On Kachunga, I've gone from not rating him as a player to now only wanting the best for him.  I feel terrible for him, he was already unpopular, now in relative terms he's gone to the level of Beckham getting sent off v the Argies.  Then when he's at his lowest ebb (according to IE) and banned for 3 games, we go out and sign not one but 2 replacement strikers.  I don't feel at all comfortable with it and would love him to somehow get a go in the team and do himself justice, and get back in everyone's good books.  Its gone beyond football, I feel for the bloke.

I understand how you feel but he has never been in everyone’s good books; I would go as far to say not many have rated him at all apart from the person who picks the team. If it had been an average performer or one of our best players then no doubt the crowd would have given him some slack for his stupidity that almost costs us valuable points against a real crap team

2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

I understand how you feel but he has never been in everyone’s good books; I would go as far to say not many have rated him at all apart from the person who picks the team. If it had been an average performer or one of our best players then no doubt the crowd would have given him some slack for his stupidity that almost costs us valuable points against a real crap team

Fair enough but his lack of ability is nowhere near the level of players IE signed prior to him - Comley, Zebedi, Greenidge, Tom White etc, even taking into account being one division below at the time.  And I wouldn't wish them to get any of the abuse Kachunga has got and will continue to get.  It leaves a nasty taste and its not a week that fills me with pride in the club.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Walkden White said:

Could I just point out that football is a contact sport, football supporting isn’t.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Walkden White said:

Re the punching- Evatt hasn't defended his actions, but, as his gaffer is perhaps is concerned over his mental state. No hypocrisy there.

As for social media stuff- I agree entirely; why bother exposing yourself to such abuse. Of course folk should be able to use it without being abused, but such is the nature of these platforms. Won't change, so stay clear.

As for booing a player- it has, and will continue to happen. Not necessarily ideal, but at the same time, the game brings out huge emotions and people may say or do stuff that they later wish they hadn't.

I suppose the issue there, is what type of personality does the player have?

Some may well need a bit of a kick up the backside and will respond positively. Others will respond more to an arm round the shoulder. We as fans don't necessarily know how the player will respond.