Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest Green Rovers (H)

Zico

8 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I was most interested in the performance of Shortire.For Bolton to have the firepower to win the play offs he will have to be very good.He  had a couple of good runs from central midfield and made the pass of the season  to Dempsey but faded, his only shot went a few yards wide.I wasn't sure whether the standing ovation was for him or for his replacement Lee.I don't think he did that well but the sending off of the only decent striker obviously makes it tougher to judge him,.

Put your rod away

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let’s not be comparing this man with Kachunga. 

Yet Mcginlay was lauded for his punch that could have cost us promotion. Football fans are numpties. People have been asking for more aggression from Kachunga all season. It was stupid but there has been a massive over reaction

4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Yet Mcginlay was lauded for his punch that could have cost us promotion. Football fans are numpties. People have been asking for more aggression from Kachunga all season. It was stupid but there has been a massive over reaction

Wasn’t Mcginlays slap retaliatory? And he’d built up huge credit with fans because he could actually play football score goals and played with heart and passion.. unlike the other player. If you can’t see they then you’re a numpty. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Whipping boy😀

Think most have been patient with the guy but he’s a joke his stats before he came wasn’t the best and his record with us is just appalling

how this guy can be defended is very puzzling 

Yep.

I've been one of those who has been patient with him. Probably too patient.

Last night though, not only did his actions mean we we were down to 10 men for most of the match (I can't blame him for the mistaken identity though), but it was his lack of effort in that second half. When he can see Dempsey busting a gut running from one end of the pitch to the other, but he sees to fit to do the same but at the pace of a snail is unforgiveable.

I hope he never plays for us again.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wasn’t Mcginlays slap retaliatory? And he’d built up huge credit with fans because he could actually play football score goals and played with heart and passion.. unlike the other player. If you can’t see they then you’re a numpty. 

Kachunga's was also retaliatory. Can't argue with the rest though.

44 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just comparing two similar incidents, both were retaliatory. Had the ref seen Mcginlays punch he would have been sent off.  Booing Bolton players or booing Bolton players for taking the knee is for numpties.

5 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Just comparing two similar incidents, both were retaliatory. Had the ref seen Mcginlays punch he would have been sent off.  Booing Bolton players or booing Bolton players for taking the knee is for numpties.

No one cares a jot about taking the knee.. it’s an empty gesture, booing a BWFC player isn’t my bag but can sure understand fans passion in doing so. 

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Put your rod away

I thought it was a terrific, defence splitting pass that belonged at a higher level.Dempsey miscontrolled the pass but then won it back due to some sloppy play from Forest Green.It was the only real bit of quality from Shoretire though which was disappointing because what Bolton currently have as attacking options won't win the play offs

I loved Mcginlays punch v wolves and still do. 

Not sure I feel anything either way about last nights dig. Charles likely back for Sat and 3 points chalked up last night.

I thought as a fan base we were better than the cheers/jeers on Kachunga sub.

Good assist last night for balance.

What I did find odd is he needed coming off as he was pissed off and had thrown the towel in those 3/4 mins before the sub. Not sure if he’d heard owt, must of been individual as nothing I heard of so.

No issues with him playing again. 

44 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Yep.

I've been one of those who has been patient with him. Probably too patient.

Last night though, not only did his actions mean we we were down to 10 men for most of the match (I can't blame him for the mistaken identity though), but it was his lack of effort in that second half. When he can see Dempsey busting a gut running from one end of the pitch to the other, but he sees to fit to do the same but at the pace of a snail is unforgiveable.

I hope he never plays for us again.

Maybe he was knackered having run around a lot previously?

He seemed pretty busy at the start of the 2nd half to me.

3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Whipping boy😀

Think most have been patient with the guy but he’s a joke his stats before he came wasn’t the best and his record with us is just appalling

how this guy can be defended is very puzzling 

Absolutely. I would terminate his contract for gross misconduct.

7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Maybe he was knackered having run around a lot previously?

He seemed pretty busy at the start of the 2nd half to me.

Maybe, but if that's the case then he's obviously not working hard enough on his fitness if his teammates can do a lot more.

It wasn't just the lack of running, it was the half-arsed challenges and not even bothering to jump for headers.

You'd have thought he'd be putting in superhuman effort given he was responsible for us playing with 10 men.  I'm sure it wasn't the case but he looked like he couldn't give a fuck.

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Maybe, but if that's the case then he's obviously not working hard enough on his fitness if his teammates can do a lot more.

It wasn't just the lack of running, it was the half-arsed challenges and not even bothering to jump for headers.

You'd have thought he'd be putting in superhuman effort given he was responsible for us playing with 10 men.  I'm sure it wasn't the case but he looked like he couldn't give a fuck.

That’s where I’m at with it. 

One of the prerequisites of being a successful player for this club is the effort and output. Put your all in and you’ll get the plaudits you deserve - see Dempsey and Bradley. 

The 5 minutes before he went off he was absolute passenger and that was most likely fresh in a lot of people’s minds. Jumping early, half arsed jumping, letting his man go, not pressing the man.

Knackered or not, if I’m responsible for that level of cock up I’d be running my absolute bollocks off to atone for things. 

What’s that saying about ‘if you play for the badge on the front, they’ll remember the name on the back’? 

9 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Fair enough.

Ive never noted his lack of effort before that final 5 mins of his appearance last night and in any game before tbh.

His lack of effort always been the least of our worries, hes just a bit kack.

Maybe he was shagged last night or picked up a knock who knows.

Lad doesnt deserve booing off the pitch either way. Nobody in a white shirt does. Ever.

Shortly before he came off, one of those glided past him with the ball and he clumsily/lazily attempted to trip him from behind and couldn't even execute that.

This isn't a knee-jerk from last night, I've questioned for a long time what he brings to the table and constantly find that the answer is little/nothing. If anything, he was a negative influence last night.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Lad doesnt deserve booing off the pitch either way. Nobody in a white shirt does. Ever.

Spot on. I know it doesn't mean anything in footballing terms, but he's also a very nice bloke. Had a brief conversation with my lad at the Christmas party and absolutely made his day.

Edited by Cheese