Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough (A)

mattbwfc19

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

If Williams is fit enough to play an hour I think I'd start him on the right

I could see us losing this but I don't think it'll have a huge bearing on the final standings

One good thing though is they'll at least try and come at us unlike yesterday

Was over the border talking to a few Hull fans a couple of weeks ago. They rated Williams when he played on the right. As you say though, not sure he'll be fit.

19 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

If Williams is fit enough to play an hour I think I'd start him on the right

I could see us losing this but I don't think it'll have a huge bearing on the final standings

One good thing though is they'll at least try and come at us unlike yesterday

Hopefully they do have ago because at home they parked the bus and time wasted from the off horrible side 

30 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Was over the border talking to a few Hull fans a couple of weeks ago. They rated Williams when he played on the right. As you say though, not sure he'll be fit.

Aye.

We don't really have any good option there for Saturday because even if he's "fit" he won't really be quite fit enough.

If it's do-able though I think it'd be the way to go - unlike Jones and Isgrove, he's a genuine wing-back and it seems to actually be his favoured position.

If Isgrove is fully fit I'd play him just because he's better than Williams IMO and can be brilliant in both attack and defence on his day.

I actually do think this result could affect the final standings - it's a six pointer IMO and with Barnsley almost certain to overtake us we have to stem Peterborough's run whilst we have the opportunity rather than hope for results elsewhere - sure they're thinking the same about us.

14 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I actually do think this result could affect the final standings - it's a six pointer IMO and with Barnsley almost certain to overtake us we have to stem Peterborough's run whilst we have the opportunity rather than hope for results elsewhere - sure they're thinking the same about us.

I agree this is a massive game as is the following Saturday - both in form teams just below us.

These are very very strong at home.

Win and we’re virtually in the play-offs in my opinion.

A defeat would bring them right back into it.

I would be very happy with a draw as I will at Wycombe too.

3 minutes ago, captainmed said:

This is an unusual one re numbers.

Because you will rarely pass it, some will be unsure of exactly where it is & route etc….

All things considered, 1500 wouldn’t be a bad effort.

Currently just short of 1300 sold before Cheltenham so might flog a few more maybe 1600/1700

This & Wycombe just avoid defeat 

34 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

If Isgrove is fully fit I'd play him just because he's better than Williams IMO and can be brilliant in both attack and defence on his day.

How can you give that prediction? they were awful when we played them.

19 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I agree this is a massive game as is the following Saturday - both in form teams just below us.

These are very very strong at home.

Win and we’re virtually in the play-offs in my opinion.

A defeat would bring them right back into it.

I would be very happy with a draw as I will at Wycombe too.

Wycombe home to Derby as well on Saturday 

8 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

How can you give that prediction? they were awful when we played them.

Plus, their run of fixtures from 25 Feb to the end of March:

Derby (H)

Bristol (A)

Portsmouth (H)

Plymouth (H)

Wycombe (A)

Sheff W (H)

Ipswich (H)

Far too soon to be thinking of playing Isgrove IMO. And sadly our usual progression with each transfer window means we’ve moved on from his sort of level, even before his injury. By default I think we’ve got to go with Jones at RWB, shift Toal to RCB (where he’s look a bit more comfortable anyway) and bring in Mbete.

Anything north of 1,500 will be a very respectable following I reckon. 

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Currently just short of 1300 sold before Cheltenham so might flog a few more maybe 1600/1700

This & Wycombe just avoid defeat 

Thats were im at. No need to win, although it would be nice, just dont lose.

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

By default I think we’ve got to go with Jones at RWB, shift Toal to RCB (where he’s look a bit more comfortable anyway) and bring in Mbete

Is absolutely the common sense option. We may lose a bit going forward with Bradley out but we will be pretty solid from a defensive point of view 

42 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Is absolutely the common sense option. We may lose a bit going forward with Bradley out but we will be pretty solid from a defensive point of view 

The risk with that is that it involves making two changes to the backline, one of them being a young loanee on his debut with a wing-back to his left who has a tendency to leave a lot of space behind

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Looking forward to this, can actually start off in my local too.

That barge bar any good?

We went in last time, but only about 230

Jugs of oakham citra

I think we started in the queens head on the square