Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough (A)

mattbwfc19

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, lobbypond said:

MK Don's next. Two 5-0 wins in a row 

From now on I'm putting £2 on each game 

Thought about cashing out as the last time we went 5-0 up we scored again a couple of minutes later v Sunderland 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Zico said:

Mate had £5 on Santos first goal at 66/1 

This was the best one I saw but dunno how much they put on it 

KRtGX85.jpg

We only had 3 corners, so he didn't win.

Edited by Cheese

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Leading scorer in league one now?

Wasn't so long ago Charles was getting pelters for his wayward finishing. If he'd been on blob all season, he'd have had 25-30 now (and probably been sold in January).

To be fair whether he was getting pelters or not, its more that he couldn't hit a barn door.  He was misfiring massively and not only not scoring but playing badly generally, surely nobody would have complained if he'd been dropped? 

But that's 8 from open play now which is decent enough, and more importantly for me he's playing better all round, no longer looks like he's going to be making way for the new signings. And building up a great record from the spot, somebody must be able to dig out some stats on most pens scored consecutively by a Bolton player. 

10 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Since the turn of the year, we've conceded just three goals in eight league matches

Pretty, pretty good

That's incredible for a team that isn't defensive minded.  And going to home games not expecting to concede, is a new experience (not wanting to tempt fate for Tuesday and all that).  I can't remember a time in my several decades of watching us when I didn't see us concede at home for so long.

Behave yourselves.

I always like to go on other fans forums and be nice to them - especially since I got banned from Lincoln in 30 seconds for typing "great goal" when we scored FFS. And it was a great goal but some mods are just assholes. Unfortunately Lincoln's site is linked to 7 others and if one bans you you're off the lot.

And TBF it was a freak result. Brilliant but still a freak result. I'm still buzzing.

And Cheese - who I suck off is none of your f****** business pal :)

Wonderful, & everyone contributed.  Trafford held everything, Jones great in defence & probably the best assist of the season in that thing of beauty, our 3rd goal (  i love Bradley but i don't think he's matched that) Lee classy as ever, Dempsey & Charles all action

but MOTM to Santos, had the division's leading scorer in his pocket again ( that bloke is numb, tried bullying Santos at home & came unstuck & tried again today with the same result) & led the defence brilliantly.

& just to make it a perfect day had Santos !st goalscorer 50/1, anytime22/1 & last 50/1........lets see if Ladbrokes pay up on them all !!!

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's incredible for a team that isn't defensive minded.  And going to home games not expecting to concede, is a new experience (not wanting to tempt fate for Tuesday and all that).  I can't remember a time in my several decades of watching us when I didn't see us concede at home for so long.

There may be some truth in the old cliche that attack is the best form of defence - but I think it's more to do with us defending as a team from Dion all the way back. We have a great press with everybody working hard to get the ball back.

1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

There may be some truth in the old cliche that attack is the best form of defence - but I think it's more to do with us defending as a team from Dion all the way back. We have a great press with everybody working hard to get the ball back.

Our shape was superb today and everyone played their parts. Thought John had his best defensive game for us. They are a good side and will take points from the teams around us

4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Our shape was superb today and everyone played their parts. Thought John had his best defensive game for us. They are a good side and will take points from the teams around us

Exactly - and it would be great if the Posh do help us out with a few wins against the contenders. Not every team has a beast like Santos to keep GBH under control so it might happen.

Our defensive shape has been the one big improvement this season. Evatt has got them very disciplined. We’ve always been good in possession but previously when we lost it we looked ragged. There’d been many a time where we couldn’t work out how a team managed by a defender could be so leaky. 2nd best defence in the league (but played 2 games more) now though and just watching the game yesterday you could see the press working across the pitch. Charles, Shoretire, Lee, Dempsey and the wing backs all working in tandem. A side of the game you don’t often appreciate. 

think the team now pride themselves on keeping the clean sheets too. Could’ve very easily relaxed yesterday and allowed a consolation or 2 but they defended at 0-5 as they would at 0-1 in the last minute.