Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Supporters Travel Club


Breightmet Boy
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've just joined the England Supporters Travel Club.  Never been to Moldova, Malta, Ukraine or Italy watching them, need to get um ticked off.  I'll keep Traf busy, there's 3 of us up to now what'll be doing as many as possible, ticket ballot winners fingers crossed.   Its just opened today if any of you lot fancy Germany 2024, I flew in and out for games in 2006 to save on holidays.  I'll be doing a week in Malta, 2 days in Italy, overnight the rest.  Obviously they won't be playing in Kiev, but it'll be a close country to it I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Breightmet Boy said:

I've just joined the England Supporters Travel Club.  Never been to Moldova, Malta, Ukraine or Italy watching them, need to get um ticked off.  I'll keep Traf busy, there's 3 of us up to now what'll be doing as many as possible, ticket ballot winners fingers crossed.   Its just opened today if any of you lot fancy Germany 2024, I flew in and out for games in 2006 to save on holidays.  I'll be doing a week in Malta, 2 days in Italy, overnight the rest.  Obviously they won't be playing in Kiev, but it'll be a close country to it I suppose.

A shame really, becasue war-aside, Kyiv would be top of my list from those options.

Went pre-pandemic and loved it. Had to postpone during pandemic and it's fucked now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Poland is probably favourite for the Ukraine game. Doing Naples, can’t do Malta and will think about Macedonia. Was a shit hole 15 years ago and can’t imagine in getting any better 

Loved Macedonia when we played there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

I hated it. Made Sofia look like Knightsbridge and Sofia is a dump 

All about opinions but we had a great night with their lads after the game then into the Muslim area where we were staying and a top quality Turkish bar which was like a postage stamp and they had a pole to get to the loo and the 1st floor restaurant which was big enough for two tables 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I've just joined the England Supporters Travel Club.  Never been to Moldova, Malta, Ukraine or Italy watching them, need to get um ticked off.  I'll keep Traf busy, there's 3 of us up to now what'll be doing as many as possible, ticket ballot winners fingers crossed.   Its just opened today if any of you lot fancy Germany 2024, I flew in and out for games in 2006 to save on holidays.  I'll be doing a week in Malta, 2 days in Italy, overnight the rest.  Obviously they won't be playing in Kiev, but it'll be a close country to it I suppose.

I renewed my membership last week (£55.00) I said I wouldn't this campaign but already booked for Malta in June so I may as well got to the game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Big E said:

How easy is it to get tickets once joined ? Last time I looked it felt like I would be joining and still not able to get tickets 

You'll have to do the majority of games to get the points for priority I should imagine, that's how it used to work.  I think they now do 2pts home, 1pt away games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

You'll have to do the majority of games to get the points for priority I should imagine, that's how it used to work.  I think they now do 2pts home, 1pt away games.

No it’s 2 caps for either home or away now. 
 

in answer @Big E this membership cycle would be pretty difficult as everyone wants to ensure they’ll get at the higher end of the caps table to ensure tickets for Germany Euros 

they still do the 70/30% split so 30% of any allocation goes in a ballot and everyone not successful in getting one first goes in that ballot regardless of whether you’ve just missed the cut off or on 0 caps 

highest cap total is considerably lower than usual. Max you can have at the min is 28 (based on all games from the past 2 years) as the 2 years before that were written off cos of Covid but there’s a few thou on each number. So once I renew I’ll be on 25 but there’s still a good 4k ahead of me. 
 

best option is to do all the homes, build the caps and eventually you’ll get to a number where you could get tickets in the euros as our allocation will prob be around 10k per game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

No it’s 2 caps for either home or away now. 
 

in answer @Big E this membership cycle would be pretty difficult as everyone wants to ensure they’ll get at the higher end of the caps table to ensure tickets for Germany Euros 

they still do the 70/30% split so 30% of any allocation goes in a ballot and everyone not successful in getting one first goes in that ballot regardless of whether you’ve just missed the cut off or on 0 caps 

highest cap total is considerably lower than usual. Max you can have at the min is 28 (based on all games from the past 2 years) as the 2 years before that were written off cos of Covid but there’s a few thou on each number. So once I renew I’ll be on 25 but there’s still a good 4k ahead of me. 
 

best option is to do all the homes, build the caps and eventually you’ll get to a number where you could get tickets in the euros as our allocation will prob be around 10k per game 

Gutted, I thought they was starting from scratch, with the highest being on 2pts.  I must of read it wrongly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Italy away tickets on sale today, ballot obviously 

Awaiting allocation confirmation but should be around 2.5k so around 1,750 to top cappers. What number that goes down to will depend on how many register their interest 

remaining 750 in the ballot 

however there will be an awful lot who have not yet renewed which means you can’t register your interest 

Edited by barrycowdrill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Awaiting allocation confirmation but should be around 2.5k so around 1,750 to top cappers. What number that goes down to will depend on how many register their interest 

remaining 750 in the ballot 

however there will be an awful lot who have not yet renewed which means you can’t register your interest 

So you can't join tonight then book? Maud isn't going to be best pleased I'm afraid 😕 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Yep, I've just spunked £75 I think.  Can't believe England v Ukraine sold out.

It’s a weird one really cos it really is just a lottery that remaining 30%. I initially didn’t get one for Milan but know a lad who did who only applied the week before (similar to your situation) so you could stand a chance but if there’s a couple of you on zero applying together the chances are poor. Did get one in the end so no harm done 

ukraine went on sale straight after the WC think they wanted to ride that “positive wave” and as I said before everyone is building for Germany now so games which people previously missed they now don’t. All home games have pretty much sold out the last 2 years  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I going to renew and build the odd cap here and there. Will head to Germany but more for the atmosphere and if I get a ticket great.

The Mrs and myself though want to do the next World Cup for a few games so will build slowly for that

We’re saying doing Germany but wasn’t thinking get anywhere near a ticket unless a tout
 

edit scrolled up and saw answer

Edited by green genie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

BC explained it above - 70% is based on caps, 30% on a ballot.

We did the 2006 Germany World Cup, loads of tout tickets with the grounds being so big. Paid 300 Euros for England v Trinidad and Tobago so not cheap but if you’re doing it as a one off, not too bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.