Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accy tickets

Ani

4 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Morecambe & Burton too like marple said

the club is so behind with this

i get if we get promoted it wouldn’t be much of a problem due to higher allocations but whilst we’re knocking around in this league it needs sorting, imagine the covid season in L2 

Overall its bigger away ends in Championship but I think we'd be surprised how small some of them are. 

Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Swansea, Cardiff,  Norwich, Reading, QPR, Hull, Rotherham and Blackpool have similar away end capacity to Accrington, between 2k and 2,500.  Halve that for Luton, and Bournemouth (if they go down).

Bigger at Stoke, Boro, Sheff U, Sunderland, WBA and Birmingham, about 3k which admittedly is more than enough for most visits to those grounds. 

The 3 big one's for us would be PNE, Wigan and Blackburn if we play them, big away ends but we'd probably sell out easily.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Mate, get the issue completely and probably agree that the current process isn’t fit for purpose based on the current numbers we are taking to places. Get the point on the loyalty thing (it’s something I buy in to as part of watching England) the free for all probably should’ve been rephrased as fastest finger first. Either way it’s the same process. 

I was without a ticket for a couple of hours today but wasn’t that arsed about it. Probably taking in to account the context of the game. If it was an FA cup semi I no doubt would’ve felt different. But where do you draw the line on minimum requirement? Especially with this cup.. that would be a diff requirement than the league no doubt 

i just think it’s a very workload heavy process for the ticket office with short turnaround time between games and overall we’re not in the position where a scheme like that is needed more than it’s not.. 

Cheers for the reply - it’s a decent and measured one.

The crux of our difference in opinion probably lies in how important we are measuring the game. As you said you’re not that arsed about it. I (more so the kids - which is why I’m probably so animated) desperately wanted some, we’ve been to every game and been on the Wembley Bandwagon since the first game. 

I’d have to bow to superior knowledge on the ticket process which is why I quoted  @Leyther_Matt - if it can work use it for all games where you know demand is going to be like it was today.

And give us some notice!

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

The meltdown today has been pretty impressive.

The fact it’s for a game in Accrington for a Leyland Daf match makes it truly spectacular.

Some of our fans are utter potatoes

Shit cup or not, I’m actually getting giddy at the possibility of us getting to Wembley. A real reward for the yoof that have stuck with us through the darkest period of our history. 

Just now, desperado said:

Cheers for the reply - it’s a decent and measured one.

The crux of our difference in opinion probably lies in how important we are measuring the game. As you said you’re not that arsed about it. I (more so the kids - which is why I’m probably so animated) desperately wanted some, we’ve been to every game and been on the Wembley Bandwagon since the first game. 

I’d have to bow to superior knowledge on the ticket process which is why I quoted  @Leyther_Matt - if it can work use it for all games where you know demand is going to be like it was today.

And give us some notice!

As I posted earlier, we’d be in a good position for establishing such a system as we have enough games that we don’t sell out that there’s ample opportunity for everybody to build up their points total.

Morecambe is going to be like today on speed 

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Shit cup or not, I’m actually getting giddy at the possibility of us getting to Wembley. A real reward for the yoof that have stuck with us through the darkest period of our history. 

As I posted earlier, we’d be in a good position for establishing such a system as we have enough games that we don’t sell out that there’s ample opportunity for everybody to build up their points total.

Morecambe is going to be like today on speed 

Is it a question of investment though? Granted city have a decent process but guessing with their success and demand for European and deeper end cup tickets the investment and operational team is far greater than we have 

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Overall its bigger away ends in Championship but I think we'd be surprised how small some of them are. 

Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Swansea, Cardiff,  Norwich, Reading, QPR, Hull, Rotherham and Blackpool have similar away end capacity to Accrington, between 2k and 2,500.  Halve that for Luton, and Bournemouth (if they go down).

Bigger at Stoke, Boro, Sheff U, Sunderland, WBA and Birmingham, about 3k which admittedly is more than enough for most visits to those grounds. 

The 3 big one's for us would be PNE, Wigan and Blackburn if we play them, big away ends but we'd probably sell out easily.

Crowds across the board have been good this season some clubs like us are taking good numbers, maybe it’s one off season as you’d think the cost of living would bite

think last season we had 12 away sell outs this not as much but plenty of fuck abouts with fixtures/travel, but our support is on the up for me something should be implemented 

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

Is it a question of investment though? Granted city have a decent process but guessing with their success and demand for European and deeper end cup tickets the investment and operational team is far greater than we have 

Barnsley are probably the best comparison given they use the same Ticketmaster system and, if memory serves me right, have much fewer ticket office resources than BWFC. They don’t do the timed slots in the same manner as City but they did a window for season ticket holders with x loyalty points for Sheffield Wednesday away before going on for the rest of their season ticket holders so that anyone within that bracket was guaranteed a ticket for a day or two and didn’t have to do fastest finger first. They advise fans to make sure their assign their tickets properly, even on general sale, so that correct privileges are applied to their account which, in reality, BWFC already do with the membership system. 

1 minute ago, L/H White said:

Can anyone remember when we stopped the voucher system and why? 

Probably when we started take sub-1,000 followings to Old Trafford. Different world now though and tbf our away followings were more than admirable when we were getting battered every week under Hill, never mind the bounce post-Covid and on-field positivity. 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Spider said:

The meltdown today has been pretty impressive.

The fact it’s for a game in Accrington for a Leyland Daf match makes it truly spectacular.

Some of our fans are utter potatoes

Depends upon your level of commitment though doesn't it.

Can understand the frustrations if you've been in attendance all the way through and feel a bit let down.

If you've not been going and aren't arsed (like me) then the last thing I'd do is pass judgement on those that have been and are.

28 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Probably when we started take sub-1,000 followings to Old Trafford. Different world now though and tbf our away followings were more than admirable when we were getting battered every week under Hill, never mind the bounce post-Covid and on-field positivity. 

Yes true.  We often took no more than 1k to Everton, Liverpool and City too.  Even Blackburn sometimes.  I don't know how others felt but despite the relatively lofty position of the team 15 or 20 years ago, I didn't feel half as connected to the club as I have in the last few years, it feels like our club again, as it did at Burnden but in a different way.

The other point that has not been mentioned is that the club are committed to being a Community Club and have been pretty clear (zealous??) about fan behaviour, which although I do not agree with the way it has been communicated I do get that it is going to happen.

But if we are so committed to being a Community Club and building good relations with fans having a fair and equitable way of distributing tickets is not a 'nice to have' it is a basic requirement IMO. 

It doesn't matter whether this is a JPT game or a play-off game, the fact is that the club have got it wrong IMO.

2600 tickets for Accy?

How many games have we taken more than 2600 to this season? Not many.
So geography aside, there should have been enough to go round. 2600 wouldn't have gone to Cheltenham, but 1200 of us did on a Tuesday night.

The club insist on the membership scheme and you have your away tickets allocated to your reference code, so they know who has been to 12 aways and who just did Accy & Derby.

So, go on sale at 10am to those with 10+ aways
Noon for 8+ etc etc

Gives regular away travellers more of a chance.

5 hours ago, Traf said:

It doesn't matter whether this is a JPT game or a play-off game, the fact is that the club have got it wrong IMO.

2600 tickets for Accy?

How many games have we taken more than 2600 to this season? Not many.
So geography aside, there should have been enough to go round. 2600 wouldn't have gone to Cheltenham, but 1200 of us did on a Tuesday night.

The club insist on the membership scheme and you have your away tickets allocated to your reference code, so they know who has been to 12 aways and who just did Accy & Derby.

So, go on sale at 10am to those with 10+ aways
Noon for 8+ etc etc

Gives regular away travellers more of a chance.

Nail on head mate. 

Replied to someone on Twitter about this yesterday. I put a post on saying that this is exactly what the membership scheme should be able to remedy to which I got met with ‘what has this got to do with the membership scheme?’

The whole point of the membership scheme was to track who is buying what ticket and who is in the stadium (which can be extrapolated to who is going to what game). 

Neil also billed it as a way for the club to hit fans with tailored marketing (iirc) 

The data should be in some form of CRM to quite easily fairly distribute/allocate the tickets when instances like this arise. 

If it’s tight at the end of the season Oxford, Burton and Brizzle are all gunna have similar problems I’d imagine - particularly Burton, less so Oxford. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Big E said:

Why? This is what people want. The standard system which allows this 

Well, quite. It’s wrong.

I think @Leyther_Matt demonstrated yesterday that a tiered system is not difficult/expensive to implement.

Green Genie told us what they do at Plymouth. 

“10 points a game so ST holders start on 230. Sales usually take three steps down before get to ST only”

Surely something like this has to be considered and implemented?

6 minutes ago, desperado said:

Well, quite. It’s wrong.

I think @Leyther_Matt demonstrated yesterday that a tiered system is not difficult/expensive to implement.

Green Genie told us what they do at Plymouth. 

“10 points a game so ST holders start on 230. Sales usually take three steps down before get to ST only”

Surely something like this has to be considered and implemented?

Mate it’s not hard by sounds some L2 clubs do same as Plymouth 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, desperado said:

Thought I’d calmed down a bit from yesterday. But this makes my blood boil. 😡

kin ell

I woudln't pay £120 for a play off final, let alone a PJ semi at Accrington that's on TV

1 hour ago, desperado said:

Thought I’d calmed down a bit from yesterday. But this makes my blood boil. 😡

This is a reply to his tweet

W3KmbbKU_normal.jpg

Replying to
Is there anyone still looking to get tickets? I have 4 tickets up for sale,will sell for less than I paid. Trying to recuperate losses please if you're still interested message me on Instagram

I think this just brings wankers out of the closet