Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but.......

kent_white

• The title was changed to I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but.......
11 minutes ago, Traf said:

Hmmm, it's definitely a strange choice of password and I can see how it could be seen as insensitive/racist.

Really? It will have been some random nurse just giving a random password. The idea that there's any racism here is laughable surely? I used to use all sorts of weird and wonderful things. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Really? It will have been some random nurse just giving a random password. The idea that there's any racism here is laughable surely? I used to use all sorts of weird and wonderful things. 

The nurse who chose the password must be numb as fuck then.

20 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I've worked in the NHS for 13 years now, and i've never known about passwords being issued for visits?

Just now, L/H White said:

I've worked in the NHS for 13 years now, and i've never known about passwords being issued for visits?

They get put on so information cant be given out over the phone to anyone willy nilly.

They put on my Dads when he was in the other year. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Is the password changed after each patient?

I would have imagined not, and that's just the word someone had used. Could have been orange, tank, fish, etc.

Even if it is changed each time, the nurse doing it  wouldn't necessarily know the ethnicity of the incoming patient, nor even give it a second thought if the did.

Good job they didn't use colours!

• Site Supporter

Those supposedly 'Racist' football fans could've thrown an orange or an apple or a fish etc., pure coincidence that a banana was all they had in their pocket.

Good job they didn't carry a pack of crayons!

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators

"To visit my son he had a password, which was banana, which I didn't really think much of it at the time and it wasn't until after I realised that it was probably a racist comment. It's disgusting."

then don't over think it

Yvonne Yew, editor-in-chief of Reading's Caribbean Express News, said: "The password banana is inappropriate.

"It indicates that the person has to be black and of colour, and normally you would associate bananas with a monkey. That's the association that I got.

that says more about you and your mind set

In a statement, Thames Valley Police said: "We are conducting an investigation into the password which was used at the hospital. This has been referred to our professional standards department."

"you know that password you came up with, were you being racist?"

"no"

"this brings to a conclusion this investigation"

they probably need to come up with a password handbook of what you can and can't use

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Zico said:

they probably need to come up with a password handbook of what you can and can't use

Correct. Common sense. If the patient had anorexia, and the random password was "Sandwich", I reckon that would also be considered an unfortunate fuck up too - but a fuck up nonetheless. Anyone who thinks this bereaved mother is just out to make money is a twat.

Edited by Cheese