Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but.......

kent_white

This will just be some random nurse who's picked a password off the top of their head though. There is no 'password list or policy' because the idea of having one was hitherto berserk! 

Something else for nursing staff to worry about now. I'm going to have to think of a new one. I bet you can't have plantation anymore! 😁

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

That's what I thought. If there's any sniff of compensation for this then it's scandalous. Or apology. Tell her to fuck off and pick her own password next time. That's what I generally did/do. 

It truly is a vocation of compassion and empathy. 🙏

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, kent_white said:

That's what I thought. If there's any sniff of compensation for this then it's scandalous. Or apology. Tell her to fuck off and pick her own password next time. That's what I generally did/do. 

Aye.

Needs the bobbies/hospital to stand up, and tell them to do one. Stop being so soft.

Don't refer it to some standards group for more time wasting, but call it out for the bollocks it is.

If the muppets want to challenge it, go ahead. See them in court. 

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's not difficult to see why it might be seen as insensitive or inappropriate

That's where the story ends really, unless other evidence comes to light. Bit harsh to criticise a recently bereaved mother for being particularly sensitive about it.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

And until other evidence comes to light, don't class it as racist or offensive 

I haven't and I'm not. Others have jumped to the conclusion that she's only looking for compo though...

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

So when you said the nurse was numb as fuck, what were you aiming at? 

You prejudged the nurse over something that could completely innocent 

Fair enough. Should probably have blamed poor training/practices. I would've thought it's pretty obvious that "banana" has racist conotations when used in certain circumstances - especially in a professional environment - but that's probably just my own personal sensitivities.

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Fair enough. Should probably have blamed poor training/practices. I would've thought it's pretty obvious that "banana" has racist conotations when used in certain circumstances - especially in a professional environment - but that's probably just my own personal sensitivities.

True but one week the password could have been apple, then the next banana, then car, then desk and going through the alphabet 

We all get told to change our passwords at work. Maybe this was their way and no offence was intended 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

True but one week the password could have been apple, then the next banana, then car, then desk and going through the alphabet 

We all get told to change our passwords at work. Maybe this was their way and no offence was intended 

If I ran an organisation that mostly dealt with the public on potentially sensitive matters, I wouldn't let members of staff pluck these 'code words' out of the air. I'm sure it was an unfortunate mistake, but it is piss poor at best. Not everyone can retain their sense of humour when their child has just died.

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

That's where the story ends really, unless other evidence comes to light. Bit harsh to criticise a recently bereaved mother for being particularly sensitive about it.

I'm not sure if that's aimed at me (maybe not) but for clarity I wasn't.

I do disagree with the claim made by Carribean Express News that "it indicates the person has to be black and of colour" though. At least without further information coming to light.

16 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If I ran an organisation that mostly dealt with the public on potentially sensitive matters, I wouldn't let members of staff pluck these 'code words' out of the air. I'm sure it was an unfortunate mistake, but it is piss poor at best. Not everyone can retain their sense of humour when their child has just died.

Sense of humour 

So you think it was a joke?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not sure if that's aimed at me (maybe not) but for clarity I wasn't.

I do disagree with the claim made by Carribean Express News that "it indicates the person has to be black and of colour" though. At least without further information coming to light.

Not aimed at anyone.