Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but.......

kent_white

• Site Supporter
Just now, DirtySanchez said:

Sense of humour 

So you think it was a joke?

Not at all. But I understand silly mistakes can be taken with humour. Most people would probably struggle though if their child has just died.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If I ran an organisation that mostly dealt with the public on potentially sensitive matters, I wouldn't let members of staff pluck these 'code words' out of the air. I'm sure it was an unfortunate mistake, but it is piss poor at best. Not everyone can retain their sense of humour when their child has just died.

Or maybe the organisation has significantly better things to do than wrack their brains for hours on end trying to envisage every conceivable way, and many more that they can't think of, in case some pratt decides they were offended.

The lady herself says she never thought about it initially- she was also bereaved at that point, so it's something she's come up with later for whatever reason.

I reckon if you did run such an organisation, and insisted on such a manifestly ridiculous regime, you'd have big staffing problems.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Or maybe the organisation has significantly better things to do than wrack their brains for hours on end trying to envisage every conceivable way, and many more that they can't think of, in case some pratt decides they were offended.

The lady herself says she never thought about it initially- she was also bereaved at that point, so it's something she's come up with later for whatever reason.

I reckon if you did run such an organisation, and insisted on such a manifestly ridiculous regime, you'd have big staffing problems.

Of course! Because it would take hours on end of brain-wracking and hundreds of staff to come up with a list of inoccuous codewords... 🤦‍♂️ Or they could just use a couple of letters of the alphabet or a 2-digit number. Problem solved in 5 seconds.

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Of course! Because it would take hours on end of brain-wracking and hundreds of staff to come up with a list of inoccuous codewords... 🤦‍♂️ Or they could just use a couple of letters of the alphabet or a 2-digit number. Problem solved in 5 seconds.

Do you still think LH white and Kent are twats even though you edited your post? 

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I've already covered this in a reply to you 50 minutes ago. Do keep up.

You've already said you don't know a great deal 

You've already said the nurse was a cunt then retracted 

You've already said that the comment could have been a joke

You've already said you don't know how passwords are decided 

It's not me that needs to keep up 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Rather than a word they could have given the lady a password made up of 6 digits instead of giving her 6 digits after the event I suppose.

Compo face for the win.

Oh aye, and how many bereaved folk are going to remember a new 6 digit code?

There's a reason for something simple.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

You've already said you don't know a great deal 

You've already said the nurse was a cunt then retracted 

You've already said that the comment could have been a joke

You've already said you don't know how passwords are decided 

It's not me that needs to keep up 

It really is. You have not followed the discussion at all.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

Where you said anyone suggesting she’s in it for the money are twats. Why would you delete the comment if you think they are? Bit coward like ain’t it .

You mean this from 5 hours ago, that I haven't deleted?

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

Correct. Common sense. If the patient had anorexia, and the random password was "Sandwich", I reckon that would also be considered an unfortunate fuck up too - but a fuck up nonetheless. Anyone who thinks this bereaved mother is just out to make money is a twat.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Why should they? There is nothing to consider, other than an easy to remember (and spell) word.

You simply don't get it.

Not all people are (mis) guided by a devout belief that everything should be analysed to the nth degree for risk of causing offence.

Life can't work like that, it's so unreasonable and unnatural. Folk will go insane. 

Interested though, that a lesser version of this age of unreason is currently pervading through so many public and indeed some private institutions. 

Thankfully the worm is starting to turn.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Date of birth for example?

Then you're asking the nursing staff to remember a new code each time, and they will be in and out more frequently. They have better things to do.

I'll soon be reading Andrew Doyle's "The new puritans".

A book all about this utter madness.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Why should they? There is nothing to consider, other than an easy to remember (and spell) word.

You simply don't get it.

Not all people are (mis) guided by a devout belief that everything should be analysed to the nth degree for risk of causing offence.

Life can't work like that, it's so unreasonable and unnatural. Folk will go insane. 

Interested though, that a lesser version of this age of unreason is currently pervading through so many public and indeed some private institutions. 

Thankfully the worm is starting to turn.

You're the only one who's mentioned "the nth degree". It's just common sense isn't it? If you have to use 'code words' just use innocuous stuff or random letters/numbers. Avoid stuff with potentially racist connotations. Simple as fuck.

• Site Supporter

"Let's not use the words banana or monkey as code words, eh lads and lasses?"

"YOU FUCKING BUREAUCRATIC WOKE TWATS TAKING EVERYTHING TO THE NTH DEGREE AND TAKING AWAY OUR FREEDOM! 🤬"

Edited by Cheese

Hang on. Seems to be a few accusations on here against a “nurse” or “the NHS” regarding this, whereas the headline clearly states that the coppers gave the code. Or am I missing summat?

BEC0B225-EA7C-4857-87FD-843132B38C21.thumb.jpeg.c5af7fe843493bcf9b1facec78e00eb0.jpeg

Bit uncomfortable about the Caribbean Express involvement as well. Is it them pushing the agenda?

Whatever. Poor woman has lost her son in horrific circumstances and deserves sympathy for that at the very least

11 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Hang on. Seems to be a few accusations on here against a “nurse” or “the NHS” regarding this, whereas the headline clearly states that the coppers gave the code. Or am I missing summat?

BEC0B225-EA7C-4857-87FD-843132B38C21.thumb.jpeg.c5af7fe843493bcf9b1facec78e00eb0.jpeg

Bit uncomfortable about the Caribbean Express involvement as well. Is it them pushing the agenda?

Whatever. Poor woman has lost her son in horrific circumstances and deserves sympathy for that at the very least

Good post