Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but.......

kent_white

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Or maybe the organisation has significantly better things to do than wrack their brains for hours on end trying to envisage every conceivable way, and many more that they can't think of, in case some pratt decides they were offended.

The lady herself says she never thought about it initially- she was also bereaved at that point, so it's something she's come up with later for whatever reason.

I reckon if you did run such an organisation, and insisted on such a manifestly ridiculous regime, you'd have big staffing problems.

What do you do for a living?

13 hours ago, L/H White said:

I've worked in the NHS for 13 years now, and i've never known about passwords being issued for visits?

Yeah they are pretty common.. Especially when you have to give sensitive information over the phone, or if there's some sort of policing involved. The first one is so that you don't break confidentiality and the second one is so that you don't accidentally give out information when the press ring up pretending to be a relative. 

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

Of course! Because it would take hours on end of brain-wracking and hundreds of staff to come up with a list of inoccuous codewords... 🤦‍♂️ Or they could just use a couple of letters of the alphabet or a 2-digit number. Problem solved in 5 seconds.

Yes - I can just see nurses on the ward scrabbling around for their Cheese approved book of NHS code words. 

And if you used a couple of letters and a couple of letters of the alphabet then either the nurse or the patient's family would inevitably forget it. And then a family really might have something to complain about.  The idea is that it's something quick and simple that the patients family and the care worker can easily remember. Like banana. 

And thanks for playing the lack of compassion card! When you've sat and offered comfort to hundreds of grieving relatives, or supported countless conversations where you're breaking the news to someone they are going to die, or you've sat holding someone's hand and watched them slip away after you've switched off their oxygen because there's nothing left you can do to help, then I'll take criticism from you about compassion 🙏

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The lady herself says she never thought about it initially- she was also bereaved at that point, so it's something she's come up with later for whatever reason.

I don’t think she was bereaved yet. That came later.