Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)

Horwich

I’m in two minds with Dan. He looks a good prospect but if he comes here and does brilliantly Southampton will either take him back or put the price out of our reach and sell him to someone with deeper pockets. We have to be careful with his hamstrings obviously but I’m hoping he just shows ability but stays under the radar and excels when we have him permanently, if Evatt decides to?

12 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Interesting comment about Dan Nl today. Speaks highly of him but says they had noted that he has dodgy hamstrings so the specially managed him.

Not great.

Dan was unfortunate in that I’m busy first game Bod got injured after 30 minutes meaning he had to play 70 mins almost at a pace he wasn’t used to.  I am sure the plan was give him 20 minutes here and there build him up gradually but he was forced in the team too early. Look at Dempsey last year couldn’t play the way we wanted but after a pre season we can’t do without him now

1 hour ago, Chrisj said:

Dan was unfortunate in that I’m busy first game Bod got injured after 30 minutes meaning he had to play 70 mins almost at a pace he wasn’t used to.  I am sure the plan was give him 20 minutes here and there build him up gradually but he was forced in the team too early. Look at Dempsey last year couldn’t play the way we wanted but after a pre season we can’t do without him now

I think that's the key to Nlundulu. All the footage of him and fans' comments about him show that he used to stroll about and you just can't get away with that in an Evatt team so he is being asked to work a lot harder and play in an unfamiliar way. That's his challenge and nobody know how he will respond to it - but he may well end up being a much better player than when he arrived.

25 minutes ago, Zico said:

Am confident enough to double up to £2 this week 

I’ve jumped on your enthusiasm and gone with us to win to nil with 3 or more goals and Bradley to score one of them.

Hope the team aren’t taking them as lightly as the predictions on here are 😂