Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (A)

radcliffe white

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Seriously? Ainsworth plays one way, anti football, hope we get them in the play offs we will destroy. 

I’m only talking about getting a team into the play offs MK. No way would I want Ainsworth here permanently but you have to admit that he’s done a fantastic job with such a small team as Wycombe however he’s done it and IE will have to be really on his mettle to get on top of him for the rest of the season.

• Site Supporter

Pizza cup won't be a amssive distraction, it's 2 games max and there's plenty younger supporters would love to see us at Wembley. I'm not a fan of the comp, but days like that live long in the memory (still got our SHerpa Van hats haven't we?)

Today wasn't a massive surprise, they're a well drilled team and 6 wins in a row is a huge ask at any level.

We've not been dicked, we've just slightly underperformed.

It's all very much in our hands and as @paulhanleyrightly says, this won't be a result we look back on and consider as a missed opportunity over the season.

All good

Evatt out.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Whitesince63 said:

I’m only talking about getting a team into the play offs MK. No way would I want Ainsworth here permanently but you have to admit that he’s done a fantastic job with such a small team as Wycombe however he’s done it and IE will have to be really on his mettle to get on top of him for the rest of the season.

He's got Sam Vokes and a squad bigger than ours (28 vs 23 named in the squad), so again your research lacks depth.

I'm not sure what Evatt needs to do to satisfy some of our fans.

There are a good few on Twitter already this evening with hard ons because we lost. It's fckin pathetic.

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Too many changes for me

Oh here we go.

Too many changes. He made one.

Bradley for John.

Just like he did the other night when he brought Adebejo in for Lee - oh you forgot about that one didn’t you 🤣

5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Did John start, did Bradley play, did Jones start at LWB? A change isn’t just players it’s formation and playing players in their usual position. Today we changed the whole back line in reality and it didn’t work did it?

We conceded one goal away from home, which is pretty par for the course. The back line wasn't the issue today - our attackers simply couldn't live with their defence. 

As for suggesting Leather Shitflickers over Evatt... that barely deserves a response.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

There are a good few on Twitter already this evening with hard ons because we lost. It's fckin pathetic.

We really do have some strange 'fans' following us. Just seems they're the most vocal on social media.

9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

We are light years better team than Wycombe, that’s despite the defeat. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, jmjhb said:

How have we gone from "we're going up automatically" to "we're missing out on the play-offs" in the space of 3 days?

Joke isnt it

Realistically we werent going straight up

But i could dream

Realistically, we aint missing the play offs

But others can dream

1 minute ago, Spider said:

He's got Sam Vokes and a squad bigger than ours (28 vs 23 named in the squad), so again your research lacks depth.

Ainsworth’s had eleven years to build his squad including a period in the Championship, Evatt’s still building from the bottom up so what’s the point in comparing numbers at this point? Evatt gets things wrong, so does every manager and it isn’t getting a hard on to point that out. I thought he was wrong changing the defence today and it’s hard to argue against that but it doesn’t mean we lack faith in him, just that we’re not as unable to accept it as you are.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Did John start, did Bradley play, did Jones start at LWB? A change isn’t just players it’s formation and playing players in their usual position. Today we changed the whole back line in reality and it didn’t work did it?

You really should be managing a  premier league side with your high level of football knowledge.

13 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’ll take Evatt over Ainsworth all day long to get us into the playoffs in fact I can’t even believe anyone can think any other way after watching that shower this afternoon. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

Ainsworth’s had eleven years to build his squad including a period in the Championship, Evatt’s still building from the bottom up so what’s the point in comparing numbers at this point? Evatt gets things wrong, so does every manager and it isn’t getting a hard on to point that out. I thought he was wrong changing the defence today and it’s hard to argue against that but it doesn’t mean we lack faith in him, just that we’re not as unable to accept it as you are.

Christ on a bike.

I bet you sit your Maude down and give her a review after your Sunday pokey wets.

"Well, it was ok, but you didn't pay as much attention to the ballbag as you did last week and your effort was 10% less. That's why I ended up having a disappointing climax onto the hem of your nightie rather than all over your chops.

4/10, another performance like that and I'll be down the bingo on Wednesday sussing out my options"

Didn't mind Gethin for Declan the only surprise to me was Shola starting in midfield behind the front two as opposed to being alongside Dion up top which has worked very well away from home but could see the logic of Victor adding some physicality up top. Bottom line is too many players just didn't perform, Traff & Toal the best of the bunch probably. We played right into their hands in which they over-powed us in nearly every 50/50 & aerial battle due to our passing being miles off for our standards whether it being bravery in possession or execution. Even simple short underhit/overhit passes forced Bradley into getting snapped 20 seconds into the start of the game & Dempsey to chase a hopeless ball to initiate an injury. Bad result mainly because of results around us but fuck it & move on quickly

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll take Evatt over Ainsworth all day long to get us into the playoffs in fact I can’t even believe anyone can think any other way after watching that shower this afternoon. 

Well much as I wouldn’t want Ainsworth here MK there’s no denying he’s been successful at Wycombe and knows how to get a result. I just hope IE has that same knowledge and will prove it over the next few months.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Steejay said:

You really should be managing a  premier league side with your high level of football knowledge.

You just knew @Whitesince63 was going to be on here, claiming he was right after a defeat.

You know what kind of a guy he is, when I pulled him up for wanting Santos out of the team earlier, but he couldn’t admit he was wrong.

The ridiculous thing is he will either come on and continue to try to justify his nonsense is justified, or (hopefully) he’ll fuck of back to BEN comments and we won’t see him again….

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Christ on a bike.

I bet you sit your Maude down and give her a review after your Sunday pokey wets.

"Well, it was ok, but you didn't pay as much attention to the ballbag as you did last week and your effort was 10% less. That's why I ended up having a disappointing climax onto the hem of your nightie rather than all over your chops.

4/10, another performance like that and I'll be down the bingo on Wednesday sussing out my options"

Fine, I’ve got better things to do than carrying on a pointless discussion with the likes of you.