Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (A)

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter

Not read anything about the game, and not going to.

I was a little surprised at the starting line up, as I thought we'd go with the same formation that we'd used previously- one striker supported by Shoretire. 

That said, Wycombe are a decent side and it's no disgrace to lose there.

Onwards to the next game. 

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

As tough an away fixture as there is in League 1. When we look back at the season and pinpoint games to kick ourselves over we will be looking at Forest Green and Cheltenham (a) and Oxford (h) not this. 

Picking up injuries like Dempsey is not what the doctor ordered at all. 

We need to refocus on consolidating that play off position and I suspect we will. #

I would not be fancying getting Wycombe in the play offs.

Definitely a tough fixture, and no disgrace to lose, but Wycombe averaging less than 2 pts per game at home, 7 clubs at least 2 pts per game.  There are tougher aways and Sheff Wed will be one of them.  I'm not over-invested in whether we go up or not, I'll look forward to next season whether its championship or league one, but I agree I wouldn't fancy Wycombe in the play offs.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

How have we gone from "we're going up automatically" to "we're missing out on the play-offs" in the space of 3 days?

Mental isn't it 

Today was as bad as it could get results wise 

We ideally need to finish 4th or higher though, that's the aim here on in and still in a good position to do so

Other teams have games in hand but we still have a favourable run in 

There's no way we're not finishing in the play offs 

So today isn't really a set back 

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

They're 7th and have just won 5 on the bounce you muppet.

And play shit football. I never said we should have won, just that we should have played better. Misplaced passes, shanked clearances, poor shots, looked shaky at the back. That's why we lost not because Wycombe are a good team. There not.

jmjhb said:

How have we gone from "we're going up automatically" to "we're missing out on the play-offs" in the space of 3 days?

Because we were never going up in the autos. Not because of this loss, but the poor run we had a couple of months ago.

Still absolutely capable of going up through the play offs, but we need to learn how to deal with the bigger teams.

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

It’s early days for Adeboyejo, but his first touch is heavy, he doesn’t seem that strong in the air and he’s  not exactly pissed with pace.

Apart from that i’ll reserve judgement. 😀

First impressions not great, not screaming out "better than Bakayoko" just yet.  I know he scored a few for Burton for half a season but Baka was doing that, often from the bench, for us last season.  Neither of them has the scoring record before or after the half a season purple patch.  As you say early days, but I'm not sure a poor first touch is something that improves from first impressions, I'm expecting the Southampton lad to be in the team when he's available.  

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

First impressions not great, not screaming out "better than Bakayoko" just yet.  I know he scored a few for Burton for half a season but Baka was doing that, often from the bench, for us last season.  Neither of them has the scoring record before or after the half a season purple patch.  As you say early days, but I'm not sure a poor first touch is something that improves from first impressions, I'm expecting the Southampton lad to be in the team when he's available.  

Even this early into his career with us, and despite not setting the world alight so far, I'm certain he's a better player than Baka

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'd completely forgotten about Ndululu(?)

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

And play shit football. I never said we should have won, just that we should have played better. Misplaced passes, shanked clearances, poor shots, looked shaky at the back. That's why we lost not because Wycombe are a good team. There not.

*They're

And the League table proves you wrong.