Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (A)

radcliffe white

5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Why can’t you admit he messed up?

it’s not a point scoring but it feels on here you can’t say anything negative against the club as you and others jump all over 

Because we dont know the reasons.

Hes not just woke up this morning and thought bollocks to it ill take John out and play jones on the wrong side.

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Because we dont know the reasons.

Hes not just woke up this morning and thought bollocks to it ill take John out and play jones on the wrong side.

I’d think he woke up and thought I trust Jones more than I trust John defensively in what was a tricky match,  don’t think anyone can argue that Jones is the better defender. It was a marginal call, I’ll support Evatt in making that call. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, waffer cup 07 said:

And play shit football. I never said we should have won, just that we should have played better. Misplaced passes, shanked clearances, poor shots, looked shaky at the back. That's why we lost not because Wycombe are a good team. There not.

They’re a decent team.

they may have have many trophies in the cabinet or much European pedigree, but that doesn’t make them shit.

And they sussed us today.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Why can’t you admit he messed up?

it’s not a point scoring but it feels on here you can’t say anything negative against the club as you and others jump all over 

That starting XI was fine. Sometimes, you have to just admit the other team were a bit better on the day.

Man City drew at Forest this afternoon. It happens.

1 hour ago, waffer cup 07 said:

And play shit football. I never said we should have won, just that we should have played better. Misplaced passes, shanked clearances, poor shots, looked shaky at the back. That's why we lost not because Wycombe are a good team. There not.

I keep hearing Wycombe can't play football but whenever I see their goals on TV (not every game), they seem to score more quality goals than most, I've seen some superb finishing from distance.  If anyone wants an example look at the 6 goals scored in their last 2 v Derby and Vale, not one header, not one long throw.  1 penalty and 5 goals, mostly from distance, with top quality build up play and finishes.  We'd be ecstatic with that goal today.  If anyone thinks they are less than the real deal I'd love to know what its based on.

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Even this early into his career with us, and despite not setting the world alight so far, I'm certain he's a better player than Baka

Maybe he is, I've no idea, has anyone?  Just saying I wouldn't be chatting to a non Bolton fan at work or in the pub, saying "we've improved up front because Baka has been replaced by a really good striker from Burton".  If I said that, I'd be struggling to back it up currently, that's not to say he won't become a top striker for us.  I probably rated Baka a bit more than most fans did TBH, not saying he was great, just thought he was OK and could grab a goal and look lively.

If we had scored whilst we were on top (first 30 - and should of), we win.

game changed in that long stoppage, we never recovered.

poor goal to concede.

should have had pen.

I didn’t think they were that good, but game managed and bullied us out of second half.

2 big games, derby away and Wycombe away where we have let ourselves down.

easy beat them over 2 legs though.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d think he woke up and thought I trust Jones more than I trust John defensively in what was a tricky match,  don’t think anyone can argue that Jones is the better defender. It was a marginal call, I’ll support Evatt in making that call. 

Aye, but set pieces are key in games like this and he took out a player in form in that respect 

Whatever, we may have still lost had John started 

I'm just not in into players out of position, I might be wrong but that might be the first time Jones has started LWB

48 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Though, in fact, that's exactly what he did.

Obviously he thought that was right. But it wasn't. He's got enough right to be allowed to give something an unsuccessful try, it didn't work. 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Though, in fact, that's exactly what he did.

Obviously he thought that was right. But it wasn't. He's got enough right to be allowed to give something an unsuccessful try, it didn't work. 

We might have lost 2-0 if he'd started John? Why aren't you working in Football Management?

I watched on iFollow being a shit fan and all, but got the impression that the wind was playing havoc with the passes - which is a great leveller and probably took more away from our natural game than theirs. Ultimately we lost to a decent wind assisted strike and a penalty that wasn't given and although both sides had lots of other chances there wasn't a lot between the teams on the day. I just feel if we'd played on another less windy day we'd have played a lot better and won.

Not long back. Beer before bobos.

Thought we were unlucky today. Tough, physical game as expected. On another day, we'd have got a draw. On any day of the fecking week, we should have a penalty.

Jones over John, Bradley back in I've no issue with. If Evatts not earnt our trust yet on decisions like that then he's never going to.

17 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Not long back. Beer before bobos.

Thought we were unlucky today. Tough, physical game as expected. On another day, we'd have got a draw. On any day of the fecking week, we should have a penalty.

Jones over John, Bradley back in I've no issue with. If Evatts not earnt our trust yet on decisions like that then he's never going to.

I didn't care who the full backs were, John, Jones or Bradley, arguments for all 3.  Lee to start or just to come on as sub, etc.  But its OK to have opinions, they are valid, it doesn't mean we don't trust IE, he gets things right and he gets things wrong, just like Pep and Arteta, discussion is allowed.

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Aye, but set pieces are key in games like this and he took out a player in form in that respect 

Whatever, we may have still lost had John started 

I'm just not in into players out of position, I might be wrong but that might be the first time Jones has started LWB

Jones has played there a few times,but we don’t look as balanced when he plays there imo.

We may well have lost even if we’d started with the same starting X1 as Tuesday v MK, who knows?

We lost, we get over it, we move on.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Jones has played there a few times,but we don’t look as balanced when he plays there imo.

We may well have lost even if we’d started with the same starting X1 as Tuesday v MK, who knows?

We lost, we get over it, we move on.

Spot on

don’t think he got it right but who knows what would have happened. Once again we failed to take a number of chances and the ref was just a cheating kunt

we move on to a busy few weeks before our three week break

COYWM

It baffles me why IE didn’t just take the easy option and stick with the starting X1 from the MK Dons game, he would have been fully justified in doing so.

Dec John must have been gutted to be benched after playing a key roll in succesive 5-0 victories.

Bradley couldn’t  have had any complaints if he’d been named as one of the subs.

Putting Brads straight back in must have fucked DJ’s morale.

We could have brought a fired up Bradley on after 70 mins.

In Evatt we trust an’ all that, but i can’t help thinking he  fucked up with his starting X1 on this occasion.

Edited by Burndens Bogs