Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This ere missing lass from round my way

gonzo

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

All very strange.

Last seen in broad daylight, phone left on bench, dog left pottering about.

Reckon its the boyfriend. Staged the whole thing and she never walked the dog in first place.

Tommy Lee Royce has broke out and now this has happened 70 odd miles away. Can’t be a coincidence.

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Police said at first they weren't thinking of foul play iirc.

Is that still the thinking or has it changed now?

A weird one for sure.

Not seen anything to change that. They'd normally have it as a crime scene if they thought anything was a foot that way.

Thought maybe she'd fell in the river but she had chance to put her phone down? Maybe the dog in trouble and she jumped in? Fuck knows.

Feels weird it being so close to home, they were dishing out leaflets in Poulton today.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Not seen anything to change that. They'd normally have it as a crime scene if they thought anything was a foot that way.

Thought maybe she'd fell in the river but she had chance to put her phone down? Maybe the dog in trouble and she jumped in? Fuck knows.

Feels weird it being so close to home, they were dishing out leaflets in Poulton today.

Just been reading that the tennis club is coordinating volunteers for the search, so I've emailed them.

Several years ago, a colleague of mine disappeared like this. Left work in the middle of the day and never made it home.

Thankfully she turned up about 2 weeks later. She'd had a complete breakdown and had been found living in the woods, not knowing what day it was. 

2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Several years ago, a colleague of mine disappeared like this. Left work in the middle of the day and never made it home.

Thankfully she turned up about 2 weeks later. She'd had a complete breakdown and had been found living in the woods, not knowing what day it was. 

I drove to Portsmouth, parked up on a car park and posted my car keys back to work along with a resignation letter and went to France without telling anyone else.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Traf said:

I drove to Portsmouth, parked up on a car park and posted my car keys back to work along with a resignation letter and went to France without telling anyone else.

In your bare feet?

57 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Divers back in the river at the moment apparently. 

I wont be far downstream later on walking the dog. Anything in there would probably end up at the wyre estuary in between knott end and Thornton :(