Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This ere missing lass from round my way

gonzo

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You know better than that!

I suppose its possible for something to have been arranged, but as the police have said they don't suspect foul play, that's good enough for me, until they say otherwise.

Twitter:

32 minutes ago, Blondi said:

If she did fall in the river, bit odd her phone being left on a bench.

Sat on bench on a teams call, dog looks in distress in river, quickly put phone down and run to dog, slip, fall in river, bang head, drown. 

Seems a perfectly acceptable chain of events albeit a sad one.

11 minutes ago, Nowack said:

Sat on bench on a teams call, dog looks in distress in river, quickly put phone down and run to dog, slip, fall in river, bang head, drown. 

Seems a perfectly acceptable chain of events albeit a sad one.

Except that the dog was found dry. Perfectly reasonable though that she thought that the dog was about to go in and your scenario plays out

11 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Except that the dog was found dry. Perfectly reasonable though that she thought that the dog was about to go in and your scenario plays out

Aye dog could make a sudden movement as she tries to grab it, she loses balance etc 

Edited by DirtySanchez

2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

With the police so convinced that she went in the water, they’ll probably have pinpointed exactly where she went in, marks on the ground where she slipped?

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Cheese said:

Bollocks. They could easily record a video saying "I think he did it because..." then release it after it's been confirmed. But they never do. They're just talking heads on documentaries, reviewing interview footage after the fact.

They could also easily film one after the event and pretend they did it before the event and pretend they are all  

intro-1655974313.sm.webp

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

They could also easily film one after the event and pretend they did it before the event and pretend they are all  

intro-1655974313.sm.webp

See?

You’ve had a Fog, and now you’re witty and relaxed.

im sober and slightly on edge.

0.0% Guinness doth butter no parsnips my friend.

1 hour ago, bolton in bedford said:

With the police so convinced that she went in the water, they’ll probably have pinpointed exactly where she went in, marks on the ground where she slipped?

That's my thinking. They do seem to be quite insistent on the fact that she went in the water. Interesting reading @gonzo's and @Tonge moor green jacket's comments about the flow of the water so surprises me that she's not been found. I'm taking far too much interest in this. It's utterly horrible. I need to step away from it and stop reading about it

A friends brother committed suicide a couple of years ago in the River Dee in Chester. It took them 8 days to find his body due to the tidal flow.

The police had experts on tidal flows etc and where something would end up if it entered the water at a certain point but still over a week to find him.

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

That's my thinking. They do seem to be quite insistent on the fact that she went in the water. Interesting reading @gonzo's and @Tonge moor green jacket's comments about the flow of the water so surprises me that she's not been found. I'm taking far too much interest in this. It's utterly horrible. I need to step away from it and stop reading about it

Aye I must have checked sky news a million times today. Gets hold of you stuff like this. Especially with it being local and such a mystery.