Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Delilah banned?

MickyD

• Site Supporter

Oh, the woman calling for the ban “Only realised what the lyric was last week.” So she’s jumped on an opportunity to get upset.

The offending line is “I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more.”

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I think it's banned from the official playlist, but fans won't be banned from singing it.

It's a non story really but it'll not stop the gammons being upset.

A non story that yet again an authoritarian approach is introduced, telling folk what is and isn't acceptable? I think Welsh supporters will tell us their views on it.

Set of gammons to a man and woman are they? Aye OK.

Neil Hart does something which BWFC fans aren't happy with, and he's labelled with everything, despite some of his measures being enforced.

Double standards.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A non story that yet again an authoritarian approach is introduced, telling folk what is and isn't acceptable? I think Welsh supporters will tell us their views on it.

Set of gammons to a man and woman are they? Aye OK.

Neil Hart does something which BWFC fans aren't happy with, and he's labelled with everything, despite some of his measures being enforced.

Double standards.

Nobody is being stopped from singing it.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I never realised until this week that it was a song about killing a prostitute

Is it? Without actually studying the lyric I always thought it was based on the biblical parable. Delilah was a prostitute in that too.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Jayjay23 said:

People being offended is taking over the world.

It's like if someone says they are offended all reasonable discussion is halted and the offendee pandered to, as though the worst thing in the world is that someone might be offended. 

Bit dramatic. Can you give an example of how "someone being offended" has affected your life?

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Bit dramatic. Can you give an example of how "someone being offended" has affected your life?

Its the over all trend that is an issue. Rationality is being removed from decision making. 

I can see the place where this line of thinking ends, at which point it will affect all of us. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Jayjay23 said:

Its the over all trend that is an issue. Rationality is being removed from decision making. 

I can see the place where this line of thinking ends, at which point it will affect all of us. 

A simple "no" would've sufficed.