Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Delilah banned?

MickyD

Didn’t want to start a new thread but I’ve just spent an enjoyable hour in the WW archives. Before woke was invented and all those school kids who  posted during the holidays grew up and became the regulars and all those who weren’t woke then but became woke.😊

Anyone want to see how things were in the old days (11 years ago) have a look.

4 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Didn’t want to start a new thread but I’ve just spent an enjoyable hour in the WW archives. Before woke was invented and all those school kids who  posted during the holidays grew up and became the regulars and all those who weren’t woke then but became woke.😊

Anyone want to see how things were in the old days (11 years ago) have a look.

Miriam Webster's dictionary defines woke as: aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice). I'm happy to be tagged as such.

Ive been a member/lurker for longer than that and most of the users are the same. 11 years ago there was bullying (mainly towards someone who I would guess was not much more than a child at the time, at least it's generally against adults now), optimists arguing with miserable bastards, invites to meet outside the club's shop, threads about hooligans, halftime 'mongkick', racism, sexism, etc from vile druggie thugs. What's changed?

1 hour ago, perth_white said:

Miriam Webster's dictionary defines woke as: aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice). I'm happy to be tagged as such.

I've not looked but I'll guarantee that Dictionary (why a Yank one btw ?) will also have a definition for 'Gay' as being light-heartedly, openly happy or similar before you find it defined as attracted to the same sex.

Woke was a past tense for waking up. The current definition is a recent creation and the even more recent negative tone of it being dismissive of over-use of social bullshit is now what it's become, like that or not.

So, uour choice. Be proud, be loud, but most now use it alongside 'wanker', 'tosser' or socially loud about new fangled, dubious over-interpretation of modern modern judgement.

If you are concerned about bullying then take a peep at how the woke-mob pile on, cancel and vilify anyone they disagree with. Free speech can go fuck itself as this new liberal fascism takes a hold.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I've not looked but I'll guarantee that Dictionary (why a Yank one btw ?) will also have a definition for 'Gay' as being light-heartedly, openly happy or similar before you find it defined as attracted to the same sex.

Woke was a past tense for waking up. The current definition is a recent creation and the even more recent negative tone of it being dismissive of over-use of social bullshit is now what it's become, like that or not.

So, uour choice. Be proud, be loud, but most now use it alongside 'wanker', 'tosser' or socially loud about new fangled, dubious over-interpretation of modern modern judgement.

If you are concerned about bullying then take a peep at how the woke-mob pile on, cancel and vilify anyone they disagree with. Free speech can go fuck itself as this new liberal fascism takes a hold.

Brilliant 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'm currently reading some Agatha Christie. People are forever having gay parties, or are gay couples arriving off the train. All as described above.

There's also plenty of 'ejaculating' going on, in a 'to say something quickly and suddenly manner'

"‘That will do!’ he ejaculated"

38 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Agree 100%