Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons (H)

globaldiver

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

So did I Riz and at Elland Road there were as many Geordie fans amongst us as Wanderers yet not a hint of trouble. All 3 games were amazing but that McDonald goal from the thrown in is still one of the best I’ve ever seen. I was lucky enough to be right behind the ball as he hit it and as soon as it left his foot you knew it was in. When they beat us at Elland Road the Newcastle fans were totally complimentary on the games we’d given them. Three fantastic matches and incredible atmospheres. Those were the days and hopefully in years to come our young fans will enjoy similar.

As for tonight 3-0 to the mighty Wanderers.

Yeah the Geordies were really good never had a problem with them even at St James always friendly. 

59 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Another confident bugger...

Well summed up really and I agree they do have players who can hurt you if you give them chances. I’m surprised they’re near the bottom I think they’re better than that but I do think that we’ll be too strong for them tonight so 2-0 for the whites for me.

47 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Yeah the Geordies were really good never had a problem with them even at St James always friendly. 

The 2nd replay at elland road was scary. Bottles and all kind of missiles flying around in the Bolton end ( although I think some Leeds fans may have joined in with wanderers fans for that aggro ) pre kick off ,  chasing Geordies out of the end . 

Post match it was pretty much dodging scraps everywhere as you made your way back to the coaches . 

At Burnden , classy Geordies drinking party cans of brew 10 outside the turnstiles . I'd never seen anything as weird , police just let em do it . 

I suppose it was as classy as Liverpool fans necking  bottles of brandy bought from Tesco on a dinner time ko at the Reebok .  

Edited by Nottm_Wanderer
Typo

43 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

At one prem game (can't remember which), got hit on the head by a coin chucked by their fans on our way out

Fortunately did no damage, told a copper who said "fuck off out the ground quicker and you might not get hit"

3 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

The 2nd replay at elland road was scary. Bottles and all kind of missiles flying around in the Bolton end ( although I think some Leeds fans may have joined in with wanderers fans for that aggro ) pre kick off ,  chasing Geordies out of the end . 

Post match it was pretty much dodging scraps everywhere as you made your way back to the coaches . 

At Burnden , classy Geordies drinking party cans of brew 10 outside the turnstiles . I'd never seen anything as wierd , police just let em do it . 

I suppose it was as classy as Liverpool fans necking  bottles of brandy bought from Tesco on a dinner time ko at the Reebok .  

The Elland Road game was more the Leeds lot having a go at the geordies we had no problems whatsoever tbh .

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

At one prem game (can't remember which), got hit on the head by a coin chucked by their fans on our way out

Fortunately did no damage, told a copper who said "fuck off out the ground quicker and you might not get hit"

Charming. No wonder they get a bad rap.

Just looking through the full League 1 fixture programme tonight  -  with ourselves and another 8 teams realistically in contention  for either automatic promotion or the play off spots  I would say 3 points for us coupled with at least 2 of those  8 teams dropping points would be a decent night

COYWM