Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons (H)

globaldiver

25 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Early days obvs, but his first touch is heavy, so his 2nd touch is often a tackle.

He doesn’t seem particularly quick on the ground and he isn’t that strong in the air - but apart from all that he looks alreet 😀

In IE we trust and i’m sure he’ll come good given time.

He’s perhaps a bit over anxious to make a good impression and trying that bit  too hard to do the simple stuff.

Be reet.

Pretty much what I was seeing, seems to lose the ball fairly easily, early days yet, so I won't be chucking my season ticket at him just yet.

9 hours ago, Mantra said:

Works hard, with a bit more coaching he'll come good. Better first touch than Bodvarsson imo.

Didn't really get a clear chance on goal today other than second half where he received it in the box and it just got stuck under his foot a bit and lost control.

Think he's itching to get on the scoresheet and maybe overthinking it a bit.

I’d be surprised if he has.  Let the lad settle in before I judge him. 

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Hard one with Bradley/Jones

both got different qualities but for me I keep with Jones but nice option for evatt to have

I think he may make a few changes for the cup game however 

Yup - two very different players and playing styles. ATM Jones' quality passing and crossing certainly contributing massively to the improved performances so it's a tricky one for Evatt as to who starts - and conversely a great option on the bench to change things as/when needed. We're in a very good place ATM and long may it continue.

I’ve said it for a long time that I prefer Jones when he’s employed as a wing back, he’s excellent in the final third, less dynamic than Bradley but more measured and rarely misplaces a pass or makes a wrong decision and consequently moves don’t breakdown as often which keeps the pressure on the opposition… 2 excellent players but both with different skill sets.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

22 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve said it for a long time that I prefer Jones when he’s employed as a wing back, he’s excellent in the final third, less dynamic than Bradley but more measured and rarely misplaces a pass or makes a wrong decision and consequently moves don’t breakdown as often which keeps the pressure on the opposition… 2 excellent players but both with different skill sets.  

Wouldn’t disagree with this Mounts. Although Bradley probably stands out more as he’s more direct and probably better at beating a player 1 on 1, Jones is deceptively quick and is far far better with his crossing / final pass.

I don’t think you can drop Jones, but I also wouldn’t want him to take Mbete’s place (which would be the option if Bradley comes back in), so Bradley stays on the bench for me at the moment. Great problems to have.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Wouldn’t disagree with this Mounts. Although Bradley probably stands out more as he’s more direct and probably better at beating a player 1 on 1, Jones is deceptively quick and is far far better with his crossing / final pass.

I don’t think you can drop Jones, but I also wouldn’t want him to take Mbete’s place (which would be the option if Bradley comes back in), so Bradley stays on the bench for me at the moment. Great problems to have.

Bradley’s energy could be deployed almost anywhere, especially as a sub.

Options right across the park. Everyone is bought in, we can adapt our approach accordingly without it becoming changes for changing sake. The players appear to be properly tuned in to what’s needed too. There’s a steely determination in them. You can see it. One of the major things to have at this stage of the season is momentum and we have it in bucket loads at the min while wheels seems to be coming off around us. 

Games are coming thick and fast so Evatt will rotate.  It also helps by battering teams and being able to replace half your team with 20 minutes left.

Shoretire, especially in the first half, was outstanding.  I just wish he'd shoot more often.  Quite a few times he's been in a good position and elects to pass.

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Games are coming thick and fast so Evatt will rotate.  It also helps by battering teams and being able to replace half your team with 20 minutes left.

Shoretire, especially in the first half, was outstanding.  I just wish he'd shoot more often.  Quite a few times he's been in a good position and elects to pass.

Should’ve shot early on, opened up perfectly for him just inside the box but chose to play John in 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, desperado said:

See I would and I think Evatt will.

Unleashing a fresh Bradley would be a positive move.

I get it, because who he comes in for is difficult and arguably no one deserves dropping! 

Probably Jones to LCB 

And Lee for Victor too I reckon.

Whoever it is, I really don’t mind. It would take a moonman to disagree with Evatts selection.

As you say a great dilemma to have.

Wouldn't put Jones on the left.

When he played there against Cheltenham, him and John didn't seem to connect somehow. Reckon a left footer on that side of the back three makes a big difference. 

Additionally, if Wycombe are a big, physical, direct team, then keep the big lad there.

30 minutes ago, DazBob said:

On that note, I was surprised Lee had a run out. I’d have had him on his way home to put his slippers on as soon as we scored the third

11 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Have we every won 5-0 twice in 4 days (or even a week) ?

57 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

To answer my own question ..

Last game of 1929 & first of 1930.

We beat Everton 5-0, then Derby 7-1.

That was a hell of a short summer break then - sorry misread your post !!

Edited by Benny The Ball

9 hours ago, Deanu said:

MOTM is probably the hardest of the season but I'd say Dempsey personally he's a little jack in the box of a midfielder to watch the amount of times he's gone past players tonight just by simply letting the ball run across his body to open the space to drive into. 

Dempsey has definitely been coached about letting the ball run across his body.

90% of the time I see him receive the ball in our own half he does this and I never noticed him doing it when he first joined.

Opens up the space in midfield really nicely. He seems to be dribbling with the ball really competently too and doing a very all round job in midfield. Does a bit of everything. Quickly becoming one of my favourite players.

11 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It was good to hear "Who the fuck are Man Utd" from the East stand choir None of this Wigan are the modern era rivals shite

I think the main difference  the last few weeks on the pitch is that Shoretire is at least one class above Afolayan

Agreed, not missed Dapo one bit. The fact Evatt tried him in every out field position says a lot.  

58 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wouldn't put Jones on the left.

When he played there against Cheltenham, him and John didn't seem to connect somehow. Reckon a left footer on that side of the back three makes a big difference. 

Additionally, if Wycombe are a big, physical, direct team, then keep the big lad there.

Agree with all that, keep the team as it is with Bradley on the bench but what a bonus to have someone like Bradley to bring on or rotate with?

• Moderators
13 hours ago, lobbypond said:

It's taken patience and perseverance but @Zicohas finally mastered the law of attraction and we will get 5-0 wins for the remainder of the season.

13 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Glad for the ones who backed us 5-0 again

Technical issues prevented me putting my bet on this time  

Asked mates to stick £2 on at 66/1 but no fucker obliged 

Was the only person in the home end not cheering when the fifth went in