Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons (H)

globaldiver

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

In the famously bad winter of 1962/63 we did not play at home from 8th December 1962  till 9th March 1963 and we only played  2 away games in that period

I bow to your superior knowledge, good info!  And I've retracted my duff info on March.

Edited by Johnnyrotten

2 hours ago, L/H White said:

Think you misread what I posted 

There was people booing him when he came on 

I meant I took the positive that it wasn't noticeable where I was sat in ESL, not saying nobody booed, but nothing at all like it could have been.  If 50 people booed out of 14k or whatever, 13,950 didn't.  And definitely no booing when he was on the ball that I could make out. 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, L/H White said:

I'm far from a fan, but I'm not sure what booing him archives because he got sent off. It's like no one's ever been sent off for us before 

I wonder if it was more about the circumstances of him NOT being sent off. It was Dion Charles who was red carded.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, L/H White said:

I'm far from a fan, but I'm not sure what booing him archives because he got sent off. It's like no one's ever been sent off for us before 

Nah, folk have been restless regards kachunga for ages, the red card is/was just an excuse to think they can justify booing him 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Zico said:

Nah, folk have been restless regards kachunga for ages, the red card is/was just an excuse to think they can justify booing him 

Will Bradley get a similar reception for his three match ban..

A few bolton fans always have to have someone to dislike.. 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, only1swanny said:

It isn’t about the red card. Loads of players have received red cards and subsequently left the game for stupid acts on the field. Kachunga committed the stupid act but our then our star striker was sent off instead. We don’t know for sure how much pleading went on from him to the linesman who “identified the player” incorrectly. 

6 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Bradley ain’t shit and puts a shift in that’s the difference 

that’s not me saying booing is acceptable but any negative feelings towards him started well before the red card

the guy is garbage 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

It isn’t about the red card. Loads of players have received red cards and subsequently left the game for stupid acts on the field. Kachunga committed the stupid act but our then our star striker was sent off instead. We don’t know for sure how much pleading went on from him to the linesman who “identified the player” incorrectly. 

Evatt said he did own up to it

Ultimately, no matter how much pleading went on, the officials were never going to send him off instead

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Bradley ain’t shit and puts a shift in that’s the difference 

that’s not me saying booing is acceptable but any negative feelings towards him started well before the red card

the guy is garbage 

I'm no Kachunga fan but you don't boo your own players.The only time I would think it's acceptable is if a player flicked the bird or something similar to the fans for no reason or slagged the club off publicly 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, 1969 said:

I'm no Kachunga fan but you don't boo your own players.The only time I would think it's acceptable is if a player flicked the bird or something similar to the fans for no reason or slagged the club off publicly 

So Chris Taylor then

11 hours ago, only1swanny said:

No, his ban is two matches for accumulated bookings, some of which were harsh, like the last one that triggered the ban, not punching someone in the stomach for no reason - not that I'd boo any player individually. The team, yes on occasion at half time or full time if they have been dogshit then it's fair enough

12 hours ago, only1swanny said:

I recall our knuckle-draggers taking a particular dislike to Liam Feeney.

Anyone booing their own players is fucking tosser

2 hours ago, Gonk said:

No, his ban is two matches for accumulated bookings, some of which were harsh, like the last one that triggered the ban, not punching someone in the stomach for no reason - not that I'd boo any player individually. The team, yes on occasion at half time or full time if they have been dogshit then it's fair enough

To be fair, their centre half had been all over him, more than once, and it wasn't going punished

I think just before the incident - and probably what set him off - he was elbowed in the face

• The topic was unpinned
21 hours ago, Traf said:

Didn't he force their keeper into an excellent save?

Yes you're right, it was a decent header.  Saw it on the highlights, good save from the keeper.  At the game, I had no idea who headed it.  I suppose I was saying he didn't get a sniff from open play, not a criticism (Charles didn't either), just one of those games when the strikers didn't see a lot of the ball in the box from open play, I expect there's more to him than we saw on Tuesday.