Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who is your favourite Lee Anderson?

tomski

Lee Anderson or Lee Anderson  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Don't agree that it should, really. Just my opinion. Its too much of blanket statement for me - each and every case on its own basis.

And yes we all would want revenage, but as you say that's why we don't let families make the judgements.

On what case should a murderer who has received life not do life  

Just now, royal white said:

On what case should a murderer who has received life not do life  

I prefer the idea of forgiveness and rehabilition. Not just locking up forever. Every case is different and every criminal an individual to be judged on thier individual case.

You might not agree, that's fine, I'm not asking you to. 

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

I prefer the idea of forgiveness and rehabilition. Not just locking up forever. Every case is different and every criminal an individual to be judged on thier individual case.

You might not agree, that's fine, I'm not asking you to. 

I’ve not suggested you’ve asked me to agree. Just wondering if there’s a case that you know of where a murderer who received life shouldn’t do life. 

What about paedos getting sentences of a few months, do you think that is enough time to rehabilitate and for the victims to find forgiveness? 

This is an amazing podcast if folks are interested in this sort of thing. Created by the innates at San Quentin.

https://www.earhustlesq.com/

The guy who co-hosts it was an inmate when they started and has since been release, he got 31-years for this...bonkers

Woods first went to prison at 17 for two concurrent convictions of kidnapping and robbing a drug dealer, and was released at 23.In 1997, at the age of 25, he was arrested for attempted second degree robbery. Woods was unaware his two convictions as a juvenile counted as two 'strikes', which made his conviction at 25 count as his third under California's three strikes law. He received a sentence of 31-years-to-life.

1 minute ago, royal white said:

I’ve not suggested you’ve asked me to agree. Just wondering if there’s a case that you know of where a murderer who received life shouldn’t do life. 

What about paedos getting sentences of a few months, do you think that is enough time to rehabilitate and for the victims to find forgiveness? 

I've answered, each case is individual. 

I knew you'd go down this line, as I say we don't agree, I'm not really interested in going down this particular rabbit hole with you.

13 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I've answered, each case is individual. 

I knew you'd go down this line, as I say we don't agree, I'm not really interested in going down this particular rabbit hole with you.

No rabbit hole, I was just wondering if you could give an example of a murderer who was deservedly released early. There’s plenty of examples of murderers who have been released early only to reoffended. If they was doing a full life term that wouldn’t be a problem. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

No rabbit hole, I was just wondering if you could give an example of a murderer who was deservedly released early. There’s plenty of examples of murderers who have been released early only to reoffended. If they was doing a full life term that wouldn’t be a problem. 

Problem is does space in prisons play a factor?

We hear they are already overcrowded so keeping folk in for life adds to the problem 

This could be altered by not sending people to prison for 'lesser' offences but I can't see that being popular 

Another answer is build more prisons, which everyone would support, as long as the prison isn't near them 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

You've shifted the goal posts again. Someone who serves a full 'Life' sentence and is then released hasn't been "released early".

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You've shifted the goal posts again. Someone who serves a full 'Life' sentence and is then released hasn't been "released early".

No posts have been shifted. Life should mean life not released after a few years for good behaviour. 

Do you think murderers should be released to walk the streets again? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

No posts have been shifted. Life should mean life not released after a few years for good behaviour. 

Do you think murderers should be released to walk the streets again? 

But regardless of what you think 'should' be the case, Life doesn't currently mean "Life". So someone who serves a full Life Sentence hasn't been released early...

22 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Problem is does space in prisons play a factor?

We hear they are already overcrowded so keeping folk in for life adds to the problem 

This could be altered by not sending people to prison for 'lesser' offences but I can't see that being popular 

Another answer is build more prisons, which everyone would support, as long as the prison isn't near them 

yes space does seem to be a problem. 

Building more is obviously the best option, in a remote area to keep people happy! 

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

And the question? 

It's a tricky one isn't it? Should a woman who's been physically and mentally abused for years by an abusive partner spend the rest of her life in prison if she finally snaps and stabs him? What about someone who's been sexually abused by a paedophile for most of their childhood, but eventually becomes strong enough to put a stop to it by smashing them on the head? As has been said previously, every murder should be judged individually, as is currently the case.

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's a tricky one isn't it? Should a woman who's been physically and mentally abused for years by an abusive partner spend the rest of her life in prison if she finally snaps and stabs him? What about someone who's been sexually abused by a paedophile for most of their childhood, but eventually becomes strong enough to put a stop to it by smashing them on the head? As has been said previously, every murder should be judged individually, as is currently the case.

You could have said that an hour ago when I asked when should a murderer who’s been given life not do life