Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brianna Ghey Murder

lobbypond

1 hour ago, royal white said:

Should be life sentences (meaning life) if found guilty, knowing their age they will prob serve 15 years max, out at 30 and a full life to live. 

Pook kid  R I P 

She was Transgender  

So if your  LGBTQ++++++++++++++ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQURSTUVWXYZ

Mob get involved  they May do a lot longer 

Which they Should 

1 minute ago, little whitt said:

Pook kid  R I P 

She was Transgender  

So if your  LGBTQ++++++++++++++ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQURSTUVWXYZ

Mob get involved  they May do a lot longer 

Which they Should 

Mad thing is here that this is his actual way of spelling LGTQ+

42 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Gender thong should be irrelevant. Murder is murder. Those guilty of it should now lose their freedom for a very, very long time. Look em up and chuck away the key.

What is a gender thong, sounds painful.

agreed though, these people should be locked up for a very long time. 

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Gender thong should be irrelevant. Murder is murder. Those guilty of it should now lose their freedom for a very, very long time. Look em up and chuck away the key.

yes and no

spose it depends if hate crimes get harsher sentences

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

yes and no

spose it depends if hate crimes get harsher sentences

Hate crimes do carry tougher sentencing guidelines.

It boggles my mind why anyone let alone kids would stab another to death.  Gang related stabbings are bad enough but this is another level.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Gender thong should be irrelevant. 

I suppose it is and it isn't.

If they've killed her purely because she's transgender then that's like killing someone back they are black. It's a hate crime.

Is it actually any worse than killing someone at random?  I dunno.  It's just so fucked up. Horrible, horrible cunts.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I suppose it is and it isn't.

If they've killed her purely because she's transgender then that's like killing someone back they are black. It's a hate crime.

Is it actually any worse than killing someone at random?  I dunno.  It's just so fucked up. Horrible, horrible cunts.

I'd say any premeditated murder is "worse" than a random killing

and further to that, killing someone because you don't like who they are when they've done nothing wrong to you is "worse" than killing someone who has actually done something to harm or offend you personally (i.e. a revenge or something)

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

There’s nothing suggesting it’s a hate crime yet. (Though many high profile Twitter users have suggested it is for a few likes) 

not yet, though interesting to see a slight change in their stance 

Detectives previously said there was "no evidence to suggest that the circumstances surrounding Brianna's death were hate-related".

However, in an update on Tuesday, a spokesperson for the force said: "All lines of enquiry are being explored, including whether this was a hate crime.

in any case, send the cunts down for a long time

• Site Supporter

When the reports of the murder first came through giving details that the victim was a transgender girl, it was also reported that police stated it was not thought to be a hate crime. My first thought was, just how naive are the police? 

Is there a need in the police rules not to say anything which may upset any part of the community?

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, MickyD said:

When the reports of the murder first came through giving details that the victim was a transgender girl, it was also reported that police stated it was not thought to be a hate crime. My first thought was, just how naive are the police? 

Is there a need in the police rules not to say anything which may upset any part of the community?

There was no need to report that she was transgender at first either. 

It's a lass who's been killed. 

Heard elsewhere that it's someone who knew her, seen some of her tiktoks shared and if its a hate crime they would have to have known her as she does look like young alt type lass. 

Looks a genuinely lovely kid but why do they have to label this a hate crime and sensationalise it? Does it really matter? These scumbags murdered her whatever she was and should serve a full term. There’s absolutely no excuse for this and both the aggressors are old enough to know perfectly well what they were doing and should be treated as adults.

51 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Looks a genuinely lovely kid but why do they have to label this a hate crime and sensationalise it? Does it really matter? These scumbags murdered her whatever she was and should serve a full term. There’s absolutely no excuse for this and both the aggressors are old enough to know perfectly well what they were doing and should be treated as adults.

As stated above, if hate crimes carry a longer sentence then it's going to be reported as such. 

Maybe in part to explain why someone got a longer sentence than a 'normal' murder and to add that hate crimes are taken seriously 

It appears to be 2 children who've killed another child. Absolutely tragic.  It could have been a hate crime or it could have been kids just being nasty shits.  We'll get to know when it's in court. 

I'm surprised, and slightly depressed at all the people on my Twitter feed, who despite knowing nothing about the incident have decided what the reasons for the murder were and using her death to get themselves a few likes and a bit of attention. 

4 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Heard elsewhere that it's someone who knew her, seen some of her tiktoks shared and if its a hate crime they would have to have known her as she does look like young alt type lass. 

It a tricky one that. Its like a news report saying that a man (or woman) was murdered. You can't really say person. I understand what you meant but it is relevant in this "modern age" we find ourselves in. Not saying it's right or wrong but media outlets are being more precise when reporting stories like this. I think it's probably less relevant when reporting about perpetrators.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Here’s a thing though; the girl who recently disappeared in Lancashire has suddenly been reported as suffering mental health issues. Newsworthy? Would it have skewed any preconceived theories if they’d outed her MH? 

The youngster in Warrington is transgender and that came out right at the beginning. If police had sat on that nugget for a few weeks and then it came out (and it was always going to eventually) then folk would be accusing them of not giving the full information.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

The first report I read was that a 16 year old girl had been killed. It only came out a bit later that she was a transgender girl.

The transgender bit came the same day, perhaps the next news bulletin.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Yeah, not sure what your point is though?

You obviously didn’t read my post earlier making a comparison between this incident where a fairly important aspect (the transgender report same day) and the woman near the river where MH and alcohol reports come out over two weeks later.