Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AI is coming for us

• Members

AI now aiding the production and delivery of VR child sex channels. The rock spiders must be fucking ecstatic. Interesting legal considerations if (questionably) "no child was harmed in the production of this output". What about feeding and nurturing an vile sickness?

In this so called cancel culture we are blighted with, they should cancel this madness now. Chuck in Faceache and Twatter too. Win-win-win.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

AI now aiding the production and delivery of VR child sex channels. The rock spiders must be fucking ecstatic. Interesting legal considerations if (questionably) "no child was harmed in the production of this output". What about feeding and nurturing an vile sickness?

In this so called cancel culture we are blighted with, they should cancel this madness now. Chuck in Faceache and Twatter too. Win-win-win.

The actual law states child thought,  and an image of a child is .. well exactly that even if its an AI based picture. The computer has still processed that from pictures of existing children. It has to know what a child looks like to create the image of one.

The defence would be pretty much the same as saying "well I didn't take the picture"

You're right though, at some point some sicko will try it. 

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

And LinkedIn, you chubster 😀

• Moderators
6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

This is where it needs cracking down on 

Standard image generators have banned words that it won't create images around 

But someone will build one, if not already, that does 

The ability to generate audio, imagery and probably eventually video of whatever you want is the biggest threat it currently poses, and not becoming sentient and going rogue doing its own thing 

As always, humans are the issue

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We've just done a website for a very small theatre company without a huge budget - normally we get one of the web developers we work with to do it. This one was  bit different as we wanted it to look like a Shine/BooHoo website,a nd to keep the costs down for them. Did it all with AI, just typed in what I wanted, added images and up popped the most pefect website that we can sell through as well.

Fantastically easy, if I was a Graphic Designer/Web Developer it'd be a bit of a worry. I mean we still use WD and GD for amost all the projectswe work on, but I can see how quickly this stuff could take over.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

We've just done a website for a very small theatre company without a huge budget - normally we get one of the web developers we work with to do it. This one was  bit different as we wanted it to look like a Shine/BooHoo website,a nd to keep the costs down for them. Did it all with AI, just typed in what I wanted, added images and up popped the most pefect website that we can sell through as well.

Fantastically easy, if I was a Graphic Designer/Web Developer it'd be a bit of a worry. I mean we still use WD and GD for amost all the projectswe work on, but I can see how quickly this stuff could take over.

At some point, they won't even need you as a middle man....

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

woudl you DM me a link to the site?

30 minutes ago, Cheese said:

At some point, they won't even need you as a middle man....

I wouldn't mourn trafficking briefs and artwork around, I've always thought it was a complete waste of time, its just loads of admin - if clients can do this more in-house that's good for me - doesn't effect our fee (they don't tend to pay for that anyway) and frees up so much more time or if I can wrap it up easily internally with no outsourcing our work, no skin off my nose.

Same with data analatics - if AI can help me without having to look elsewhere, fantastic.