Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe away

bwfc2003

They really dont want us in the home ends this time!!!!!

Tickets are now on sale for our Sky Bet League One home game against Bolton Wanderers on Saturday 4 March 2023, 12:30pm KO.

This fixture has been designated ‘all-ticket’.

No tickets will be available to purchase on the day of the game.

Any supporters wishing to purchase for this fixture must log into their registered MFC ticketing account to access tickets. Sales will be limited to four tickets per person.

Morecambe FC Season Ticket holders will be able to purchase up to four additional tickets per account. Any season ticket holders with four or more season tickets, must email tickets@morecambefc.com to gain your extra allowance as you will not be able to purchase these online.

For non-Season Ticket holders, only supporters with a registered account and who have attended a minimum of three home league fixtures during the 2022/23 season will be able to view and purchase match tickets. Again, eligible supporters will be able to buy up to four tickets per eligible account.

Supporters who do not meet this criterion will not be eligible to view or purchase tickets for this fixture.

All supporters over the age of 18, both home and away, will be subject to random ID checks at turnstiles. When purchasing your match day tickets, you must ensure all tickets are in the name of the supporter using it to gain entry to the fixture. If the name on the ticket being used doesn’t match the ID presented at the turnstile, entry to the stadium may be refused.

Supporters who purchase their tickets online will not receive their e-tickets for the game until a minimum of 48 hours before the fixture is due to be played. This is to assist in the prevention of unauthorised ticket resale.

57 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Imagine this will become more commonplace moving forward. Concession ST’s being upgraded to adults happens all over for away games and the not knowing goes against everything the club is trying to do via the membership scheme. 

It’s not to catch people out buying kids tickets, it’s to stop locals buying tickets with their proof of address etc then selling them on to our fans 

11 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s not to catch people out buying kids tickets, it’s to stop locals buying tickets with their proof of address etc then selling them on to our fans 

No I get that I just mean more generally. The regularity of say U18 tickets being upgraded to adults for away games will be on the radar of Mr Hart etc.. 

already a legal requirement at Italian games and done at gigs over here. Only a matter of time 

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

No I get that I just mean more generally. The regularity of say U18 tickets being upgraded to adults for away games will be on the radar of Mr Hart etc.. 

already a legal requirement at Italian games and done at gigs over here. Only a matter of time 

FWIW I believe Bolton were asked to replicate it with our tickets for this game and the club refused. 

• Site Supporter

It does say home and away fans will be subject to random ID checks so does that not mean names will be on ours too… 

Hell of an expense to name tickets. More like making sure all those going in home sections are supporting Morecambe. I’m not sure what ID they can insist on you carryover when there isn’t a mandatory requirement to carry any form of ID…

except, it seems, at the next local election.

It does say home and away fans will be subject to random ID checks so does that not mean names will be on ours too… 

I think they’ve announced it regardless of whether it’s happening or not. Easy to do when selling a home ticket (something BWFC already do to a certain extent with the membership assignment issue) but they would literally have to write their names on manually which would be a right faff 1,600 times.

The nature of this statement does suggest to me that Morecambe are being as awkward as possible so wouldn’t surprise me if they won’t do any reprints for tickets lost in the post. Will end up being similar to Fleetwood and everyone having to collect their tickets. 

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Hell of an expense to name tickets. More like making sure all those going in home sections are supporting Morecambe. I’m not sure what ID they can insist on you carryover when there isn’t a mandatory requirement to carry any form of ID…

except, it seems, at the next local election.

They can do whatever they want as long as they build it in to their ground regs and/or T&C relevant to this fixture. 

40 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Too much fucking about for a game with Morecambe re trains & kick-off time etc.

Ranks right up there with Wycombe as a shit away day, especially in winter.

Out.

In for this and possibly Pompey and Oxford is a hour on the train so can’t miss that and Exeter will be going to that also plus Brissle. Think that leaves Wednesday and Burton; might even do them as well