Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Port Vale (H)

BeeversLeftPeg

I know there's a lot of focus elsewhere (rightly so ahead of tomorrow night) but feels like a big game this weekend with the mini-run coming up in March.

3 points a must. Some big games this weekend, and a lot of the top 7 are away from home. 

image.thumb.png.009d39f450315f18e10afe3eba96fd4a.png

Going 2-0, especially with the cup-tied and knocks ahead of tomorrow night coming back into the fold.  Dion and Lee to score.

Port Vale will be glad when their current run of fixtures is over because they've had some tough games in the last month. They've had a lot of top half teams and lost to Derby, Barnsley, Wycombe and Shrewsbury but came good in their last game beating Exeter at home to move back into the top half themselves. The only team that gave them a kicking was Wycombe - the rest of their losses were by the odd goal so they appear to have come on a long way since we drew 0 - 0 with them in August - although I've only seen their game highlights. They signed Dennis Politic from Cremonese and it will be good to see him back at the Unibol.

Another potential banana skin this game but again, if we play well we should win. They're away at Morecambe tonight so I might watch that and see how they're shaping up.

• Site Supporter

As much as I am nervous and excited about tonight and the prospect of a big Wembley day out…..

If push comes to shove and it’s a choice between a win tonight and a win Saturday. It’s Saturday just…

But of course we are going to win them both 😊😩

Edited by desperado

5 hours ago, fester58 said:

sure ive seen theyve sold 2000 tickets so should be a decent atmosphere and crowd, 

Makes a change, you hardly get the away end slightly full in this league. Only Derby and Sheff Weds have brought more than 2,000 this season. The rest of the games are a taxi load, some of the support is shocking.

Our most recent home games have been forest green, mk Dons and Cheltenham, looking forward to a better atmosphere