Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Port Vale (H)

BeeversLeftPeg

8 hours ago, Traf said:

He's not all that. Wouldn't get anywhere near our midfield

He's 22 so still has a lot of developing to do and has a lot of talent. I'm always interested to see how our former young players develop - aren't you? Or do you just feel the need to slag them off because they don't play for us any more? He may well turn out to be crap and we already know he's injury prone, but he'll be going back to Italy at the end of the season and I just have a feeling he'll do OK in Serie B next year when he'll get more playing time after Cremonese are relegated from the top flight.

I agree Lusty, I always liked Denis and was gutted when he was allowed to leave but Evatt knows what he’s doing and it will be interesting to see how he gets on in his career. I actually didn’t know he was only on loan to PV, I thought he’d signed permanently but as you say it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on when he goes back. Good luck to the lad anyway, I hope he does well.

12 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I agree Lusty, I always liked Denis and was gutted when he was allowed to leave but Evatt knows what he’s doing and it will be interesting to see how he gets on in his career. I actually didn’t know he was only on loan to PV, I thought he’d signed permanently but as you say it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on when he goes back. Good luck to the lad anyway, I hope he does well.

When you look at the excellent international careers of Blerim Dzemaili and to a lesser extent Aaron Mooy and others who never got a chance to fully develop with us - for good reasons at the time - it reflects well on our youth recruitment back in the day and I guess I'm still holding out hope that one or more of the current B team will come good. Not seen owt yet mind :)

56 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

He's 22 so still has a lot of developing to do and has a lot of talent. I'm always interested to see how our former young players develop - aren't you? Or do you just feel the need to slag them off because they don't play for us any more? He may well turn out to be crap and we already know he's injury prone, but he'll be going back to Italy at the end of the season and I just have a feeling he'll do OK in Serie B next year when he'll get more playing time after Cremonese are relegated from the top flight.

I personally don't think he's as good as some others on here do.

Do you think he'd get into our midfield?

They were the two things I said. I didn't slag him off. People are allowed to have a diferent opinion to you without being accused of "slagging off"

On 22/02/2023 at 08:46, fester58 said:

sure ive seen theyve sold 2000 tickets so should be a decent atmosphere and crowd, 

Vale put out less than 300 tickets left so sold around 1700 to 1800 which I suppose is decent given how crap were playing. I suppose we would have taken closer to 3000 if we had any kind of decent form going into this. 6 nil to Bolton is 150/1 at coral got 2 free bets so going put 6 nil and 3 nil to Bolton so watch it be 4 nil to them now.

26 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Vale put out less than 300 tickets left so sold around 1700 to 1800 which I suppose is decent given how crap were playing. I suppose we would have taken closer to 3000 if we had any kind of decent form going into this. 6 nil to Bolton is 150/1 at coral got 2 free bets so going put 6 nil and 3 nil to Bolton so watch it be 4 nil to them now.

I looked on their seating map the other day and ther were less than 100 empty from 2100

5 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

4 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

When you look at the excellent international careers of Blerim Dzemaili and to a lesser extent Aaron Mooy and others who never got a chance to fully develop with us - for good reasons at the time - it reflects well on our youth recruitment back in the day and I guess I'm still holding out hope that one or more of the current B team will come good. Not seen owt yet mind :)

It’s uncanny how often these 2 agree with each other 😀