Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Very wise.

Nobody wants to stay in Wycombe, even for one night.

Make sure you go for a pint at the King Charles just behind Kings Cross. One of the best pubs in London.

I wouldn't stay in Wycombe if were playing on consecutive days there.

3 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Going to be like the world cup in pubs this.

Full of bellends who have literally never ever been to the match.

Rather than the bellends who go week in week out ?

It is a fun day out , just enjoy the day. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Traf said:

1 per ST is the only fair way

Again you know me C and I value your opinion, so not being argumentative. I’m interested to hear why my suggestion above, 2 per season ticket (including a member) wouldn’t be a fair way to start? Surely that would be a good and fair way of trying to shift 28,000 as a starter? 

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

Again you know me C and I value your opinion, so not being argumentative. I’m interested to hear why my suggestion above, 2 per season ticket (including a member) wouldn’t be a fair way to start? Surely that would be a good and fair way of trying to shift 28,000 as a starter? 

I think Neil Hart has alluded to us having 30k members - which i am sure includes ST holders

So your suggestion could work - I can sense a nightmare on the laptop though

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

I do know you and I know you're not shit-stirring. So, here goes (off the top of my head of course & I'm open to persuasion) 1 per ST gets the 15,000 or so ST holders a ticket, it gets the affiliated supporters clubs/corporates/club sponsors/players families/club staff etc their tickets too (whether that's fair or not is another issue). Then, at that point the club will know how many they've got left.

You say that it could be 2 tickets per ST holder if the second ticket was allocated to a club member, but if that method meant that just 1 ST holder missed out, then it would have failed and it is possible for that to happen, so I was just erring on the side of caution.

And....at the risk of banging a worn-out drum one more time...

If we had a priority system in place, your system could be implemented for a set percentage of season ticket holders and if we had a priority system in place, those at the top of the pile would also get first dibs on Cat 1 tickets.

Other clubs find it easy to stagger tickets sales day by day, but we always just seem keen to get rid of them all as quick as they can with little consideration for those who've put the miles in.

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

I know what you are saying, but I’m hoping to be a lot less stressed out than I was for Accrington and Morecambe 😂 

Indeed. Prior to the Peterborough game, Jnr & I had missed two aways all season, but couldn't get Accy tickets and we didn't get Morecambe ones either.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

but if that method meant that just 1 ST holder missed out

I’m totally with you on that point. If at any point my suggestion means a season ticket holder misses out then I have no problem with a tiered system that deals with just ST holders first.

But if our allocation allows every season ticket holder +1, would you be ok with that process? 

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

I was one of the season ticket holders who missed out in 2004 and nearly got in trouble with the law over comments I made so I know it was a shit decision then.

this time is different though and with 40000 tickets I really don’t believe we will sell out; some were saying we won’t sell 20000 and be outnumbered by Plymouth but I reckon it will be around 30000

Fuck me what did you say 

Go On Tell The Class

16 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

More than happy with what we have 

that first train down at 8am is 3hrs instead of the normal 2. Won’t land in to Euston until 11. 

Will the older members of the party be able to manage take off and landing without needing a piss?