Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

24 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Yeh the Ticketmaster limit is 9 tickets so it’s 2 different transactions 

the way I read it though is you log in via your BWFC E ticket account and it naturally assigns one of the tickets to you then you can buy another 8. For the 2nd transaction you would need to log in to someone else’s account and repeat the process as it wouldn’t allow you to assign a ticket to your ST a 2nd time.. 

I’m getting 16 so ensured 3 additional client references are added to both mine and my old man’s E ticket network. So it would be 4 ST’s with a +1 added to each on both accounts 

Sounds like you've got it sorted pal.

If I send you my CRNs can you sort my 14 tickets as well...... 😁

OK, I'm well aware this could make me sound an absolute simpleton but.... we have 4 season tickets all under my brothers name, that has been the case for years. 

My concern is that last time we tried to get away day tickets the online system would only recognise this as one application.... i.e. one ticket. 

Now is this us being thick (entirely possible) or is it that cos all four tickets are under one person's name and then that counts as one person on this bollocks membership scheme that has come in long after we've been ST holders, so I don't even know if we're signed up to??

Apologies for long winded question, I ain't the most knowledgeable on the online booking side of things, and also as you'd probably guess at this time of night, I'm a little tipsy 😁

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, boogs said:

OK, I'm well aware this could make me sound an absolute simpleton but.... we have 4 season tickets all under my brothers name, that has been the case for years. 

My concern is that last time we tried to get away day tickets the online system would only recognise this as one application.... i.e. one ticket. 

Now is this us being thick (entirely possible) or is it that cos all four tickets are under one person's name and then that counts as one person on this bollocks membership scheme that has come in long after we've been ST holders, so I don't even know if we're signed up to??

Apologies for long winded question, I ain't the most knowledgeable on the online booking side of things, and also as you'd probably guess at this time of night, I'm a little tipsy 😁

Yeah, you've got 1 CRN number.

Lad I go with has the same issue.

Systems wank

11 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Regarding pubs let’s be honest providing weather is ok it always turns into beers from the offy at Wembley 

Not now apparently mate. @barrycowdrill is a seasoned Wembley campaigner, booze ban all rounf the ground :(

13 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Fair enough not sure how you enforce that myself with so many going and so many off licence’s in the area but I take it his word 

All shops off licences and supermarkets within I think it’s a mile maybe 2 aren’t allowed to sell alcohol on event days at the stadium. OB on foot go round and drop in to ensure they’re not. Any stock on show and they get a fine. Only pubs can sell. The boozers also call last orders 1-2hrs before KO then can sell again when the game kicks off. Not sure if that’s for all but happens for the England games. 

actually having ale in your possession open or not now on WW is an offence in itself and you get collared. They’ve come down hard on it after the euro final scenes. Need to show lessons learned and changes made etc to ensure they get another tournament. Be interesting to see what happens Today though… 

Edited by barrycowdrill

4 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

All shops off licences and supermarkets within I think it’s a mile maybe 2 aren’t allowed to sell alcohol on event days at the stadium. OB on foot go round and drop in to ensure they’re not. Any stock on show and they get a fine. Only pubs can sell. The boozers also call last orders 1-2hrs before KO then can sell again when the game kicks off. Not sure if that’s for all but happens for the England games. 

Is this on the back of the of the euros?

When I went most had beers on the streets 

Edited by radcliffe white

2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Is this on the back of the of the euros?

When I went most had beers on the streets 

Yeh exactly. All tournament I stood on WW with booze but since the final it’s all changed. I’ve been to that arch a few times since and they call last orders at 6 and the off licences on Wembley high street have nothing and neither do the supermarkets on WW

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Can you get a pint inside the ground?

6 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Yeah it’s wank I’d rather drink your shite 

4 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Do you want to rephrase this? 🤔

Yes, come on Radcliffe, grammar and punctuation is very important.

It should be  “Yes, it’s wank. I’d rather drink. You’re shite!”

2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

And I think if 4 are held under 1 name and there’s 1 email address linked it only sees it as 1 ticket. The system isn’t clever enough to work out its 4 different tickets as it’s email driven. Best to ring the ticket office tomorrow me separate them all out. 

1 hour ago, barryk32 said:

Yeah, you've got 1 CRN number.

Lad I go with has the same issue.

Systems wank

Thanks lads. 👍

Just spoke to our kid, he's gonna ring ticket office tomorrow to sort out whatever needs done to get tickets Tuesday