Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

1 hour ago, green genie said:

About 25k still not on general sale

Real issues with transport putting people off. Trains up to 200 if can get one and all coach firms in Devon and Cornwall sold out. Getting a coach to come down from Taunton adds another three hours of driving time and fuel bumping price up to 75 a head. Guess being between Manc and Scouseland there are an abundance to go at up there.

Surprised people saying about free flags , Nothing down here been said and if they get permission for the crowd surfers would be waste of time.

Agent Mayflower told me that free flags was only a recent thought by PAFC top brass this week. A possible logistics issue might scupper that. The 19.5 X 23ft "We Are Argyle" surfer banner will have a crack team of highly trained Pilgrims ready to deploy the banner just before ko. This will instigate the customary "what the fooking hell is that?" Chant from the other side of the stadium.

9 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Agent Mayflower told me that free flags was only a recent thought by PAFC top brass this week. A possible logistics issue might scupper that. The 19.5 X 23ft "We Are Argyle" surfer banner will have a crack team of highly trained Pilgrims ready to deploy the banner just before ko. This will instigate the customary "what the fooking hell is that?" Chant from the other side of the stadium.

☺️

See if my "Wee on Gargoyle" bedsheet makes the telly...

1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

☺️

See if my "Wee on Gargoyle" bedsheet makes the telly...

Anyone taking banners will have to have a fire certificate. Flags too. Can anyone remember if there were flags in the stadium for the Carabao cup final between Newcastle and Man U? I know for England games they are all over the shop. Wembley might just turn a blind eye to certificate thing for fan flags. 

12 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Anyone taking banners will have to have a fire certificate. Flags too. Can anyone remember if there were flags in the stadium for the Carabao cup final between Newcastle and Man U? I know for England games they are all over the shop. Wembley might just turn a blind eye to certificate thing for fan flags. 

I emailed them the day after the semi final as they requested and not heard owt back. Got the fire certificate and as you say it never seems an issue at England games so hopefully crack on. 

3 hours ago, green genie said:

About 25k still not on general sale

Real issues with transport putting people off. Trains up to 200 if can get one and all coach firms in Devon and Cornwall sold out. Getting a coach to come down from Taunton adds another three hours of driving time and fuel bumping price up to 75 a head. Guess being between Manc and Scouseland there are an abundance to go at up there.

Surprised people saying about free flags , Nothing down here been said and if they get permission for the crowd surfers would be waste of time.

Surprised you have only sold that many because with the six per season ticket holder I would have thought anybody who wants one would be sorted by now. Really thought you would sell out but it’s only pizza cup so still not a bad effort.

should be a great day out for both clubs fans

58 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Every Newcastle fan had a flag! They must have had them set out on every seat pre-match

11 hours ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Very true

Though to put the record straight, I'm happy for them to crack on as they want, each to their own ... just don't push it in my face

Yeah, you don't want it rammed down your throat 😉