Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

21 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Bit bizarre they’ve opened that so late. Not sure whether it was planned segregation or cheaper “corporate” allocation? 

I reckon the lower rows of the block are corporate, don't think they were available at any time. Had a look on those view sites and row 24 is decent for the lowest price.

7 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Prior to these extra one’s appearing we have been selling block 515 since last week I suspect this will now be the slow down

Few thousand more than I thought good effort 

Annoying because I just bough in 515 and would prefer these seats

29 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Prior to these extra one’s appearing we have been selling block 515 since last week I suspect this will now be the slow down

Few thousand more than I thought good effort 

They only opened the latest block in the upper tier on Saturday. We're past the half way point of the upper tier another 2 days before general sale and another 2 and a half weeks left of sales.

People wondering how many general sale will go. But from the evidence so far, I can't imagine many blocks will be left tbh.

I know a few members/non members who want tickets and want to sit in big groups on the other side rather than behind the goal.

Maybe my 34k prediction won't be far off! 

Despite how shit we are atm, I'm buzzing for this 

Edited by Lostock Whites

37 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

They only opened the latest block in the upper tier on Saturday. We're past the half way point of the upper tier another 2 days before general sale and another 2 and a half weeks left of sales.

People wondering how many general sale will go. But from the evidence so far, I can't imagine many blocks will be left tbh.

I know a few members/non members who want tickets and want to sit in big groups on the other side rather than behind the goal.

Maybe my 34k prediction won't be far off! 

Despite how shit we are atm, I'm buzzing for this 

Yeah should be another flurry of sales on Thursday. Happy Days.

12 hours ago, green genie said:

Wembley want £500 admin fee for the crowd surfer flag to be used.

Fuck ‘em I say, but expect someone will stump up.

Agent Mayflower tells me that the fire certificate for the surfer has expired. So unless an extension can be arranged, or PA can prove that it's been retreated, then this surfer won't be ripping any curls.

I wonder how much cash we stand to make out of this lot? Do we get a percentage of the ticket sales? What's the prize money for the winner/runner-up? 

In the 80s the only times we were able to spend dosh in the summers was after the two Freight Rover/Sherpa Van finals. In 86 we spent £50K (£25k each) on Steve Elliott and Mick Salmon. Then in 89 we shelled out £150K on David Reeves (£80K), Tony Philliskirk (£50K), Kevin Rose (£20K). Be nice to thing there's a bonus sum to be lobbed in the kitty for IE this summer.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Do small flags 5 x 3 need a fire certificate

https://www.wembleystadium.com/plan-your-visit/stadium-guide/rules-and-regulations

- Flags more than 250cm in size at their widest or longest section will not be allowed and flagpoles greater than 1m in length will not allowed.

- On level 5 of the stadium, flags more than 200cm x 100cm will not be allowed entry in to the stadium. Any flags greater in length than this will not be permitted. 

- Permission must be sought in advance from the stadium and event owner to arrange use of the very large supporter flags that are designed to be passed over people's heads. In such cases the flag must be flame retardant and the organiser bringing the flag into the stadium will need to provide the appropriate H&S certification.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

https://www.wembleystadium.com/plan-your-visit/stadium-guide/rules-and-regulations

- Flags more than 250cm in size at their widest or longest section will not be allowed and flagpoles greater than 1m in length will not allowed.

- On level 5 of the stadium, flags more than 200cm x 100cm will not be allowed entry in to the stadium. Any flags greater in length than this will not be permitted. 

- Permission must be sought in advance from the stadium and event owner to arrange use of the very large supporter flags that are designed to be passed over people's heads. In such cases the flag must be flame retardant and the organiser bringing the flag into the stadium will need to provide the appropriate H&S certification.

Ta

11 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I wonder how much cash we stand to make out of this lot? Do we get a percentage of the ticket sales? What's the prize money for the winner/runner-up? 

In the 80s the only times we were able to spend dosh in the summers was after the two Freight Rover/Sherpa Van finals. In 86 we spent £50K (£25k each) on Steve Elliott and Mick Salmon. Then in 89 we shelled out £150K on David Reeves (£80K), Tony Philliskirk (£50K), Kevin Rose (£20K). Be nice to thing there's a bonus sum to be lobbed in the kitty for IE this summer.

I remember when Bristol did us in the Freight Rover final, a BC fan at work took the piss about the win and boasted the club had won a van as part of the deal. A few days later it got nicked from their ground 😄