Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley πŸ•

Eddie

5 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

I remember when Bristol did us in the Freight Rover final, a BC fan at work took the piss about the win and boasted the club had won a van as part of the deal. A few days later it got nicked from their groundΒ πŸ˜„Β 

Both finalists got vans, at one time we had a C reg and an F reg mini bus.

I once wrote to the club to ask if i could lend one to take family to a Christening up North, actually I'm still waiting of an answer on that. Bet Phil Neil never even asked.

Β 

9 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Both finalists got vans, at one time we had a C reg and an F reg mini bus.

I once wrote to the club to ask if i could lend one to take family to a Christening up North, actually I'm still waiting of an answer on that. Bet Phil Neil never even asked.

Β 

When we won the Sherpa, weren't we presented with the keys on the pitch by Jimmy Greaves, or did I dream it??

7 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

When we won the Sherpa, weren't we presented with the keys on the pitch by Jimmy Greaves, or did I dream it??

Oh i don't remember that bit, I'm not really a van expert but we deffo had 2 .

Wide bodied twin wheel version possible 400 series (i'm not an expert) however, this version was the better looking and was in production in one guise or another for about 25 years. Drivers seat was hardly adjustable at all and very uncomfortable to drive , Army bomb disposal teams had some of these with V8 petrol engines in the early 90s they would have been very rare and probably none still exist, so got me thinking, some geek will know what ever happened to our Freight Rover vans, and will even be know the reg Nos and can maybe trace their history???

Β 

44 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Oh i don't remember that bit, I'm not really a van expert but we deffo had 2 .

Wide bodied twin wheel version possible 400 series (i'm not an expert) however, this version was the better looking and was in production in one guise or another for about 25 years. Drivers seat was hardly adjustable at all and very uncomfortable to drive , Army bomb disposal teams had some of these with V8 petrol engines in the early 90s they would have been very rare and probably none still exist, so got me thinking, some geek will know what ever happened to our Freight Rover vans, and will even be know the reg Nos and can maybe trace their history???

Β 

From this video

Β 

zfl7Jzz.jpg

20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Bet nobody can list the names this cup has had since then :D

Sure Blackpool won it when it was called LDV Vans cup

Auto Windscreens Shield for quite a while. When it was the LDV Vans Trophy the top five from the Conference gained entry which was far better than the U21s farce. Leigh RMI 3 Wrexham 4 (AET) was one hell of a game.Β 

10 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Sherpa

Ldv vans

Johnstones paintΒ 

Papa John'sΒ 

Β 

Β 

Probably missing loads thereΒ 

Β 

12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Auto Windscreens Shield for quite a while. When it was the LDV Vans Trophy the top five from the Conference gained entry which was far better than the U21s farce. Leigh RMI 3 Wrexham 4 (AET) was one hell of a game.Β 

Β 

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Was going to say Milk Cup, but I think that's the League Cup now.

Yeah milk was coca cola / carling cup so league Cup.Β 

Auto windscreens is a good shout. There can't be many more.... ShirleyΒ 

3 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Its Sunday name was the Full Members Cup? So a cup for just the top two divisions, as if that was in any way required.Β 

Wasn’t it to soften the blow of no Europe. ZDS cup at another point?

55 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

City's appearance in the Full Members Cup final was the day after a Manchester derby at Old Trafford.They mostly avoided United that day but Chelsea gave them a torrid time round Wembley the day after.Quite the weekend for Man City

Been reading your big red scrapbook again ?
Rog the voyeur, β€˜to the regiment I wish I was there’

Edited by Take Hunt Off