Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

32 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

We’ll be in the Wetherspoons at Baker Street station about 10. Globe across the road opens at 11 as does the Alllsop arms just round the corner which is a great boozer 

Less than 15 mins direct on the tube to Wembley Park about 2ish 

I'll probably nip to hotel and drop bags off, then come over.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

There are three tube stations with Wembley in the name, North Wembley, Wembley Central (Bakerloo line) and Wembley Park (Jubilee & Metropolitan lines) 

Bakerloo and Metropolitan both run through Baker St but to different stations. Is there a favoured Wembley tube station for each end of the stadium?

North Wembley is about a mile up the high street and at the end all the Plymouth boozers are. Wembley Central is an overground normal train service which runs from Marylebone about every half hour and right next to the ground, Wembley Park is our end where our designated pubs are and the start of Wembley way and the easiest from anywhere central 

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

If Those 2 blocks that are now open are filled we’ll be on 30k 

there’s then 8 blocks from there to the segregation on the half way line which on average you would say have 1k in each block 

Opened another block now with the one opened this morning 516 almost full

Yeh 517 & 518 full means 30ish with the 8 blocks remaining 

517 and 518 are open and selling fast. That leaves 7 and a bit of a block left of our allocation- reckon we will finish about 31000 which is more than the total that attended last season

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

I did my own homework. I know I shouldn’t but I laughed a bit about the wheelchair advice. 

seems they didn’t really think things through.

Wembley  Central  is a bit of a hike 

i worked round there years ago  stayed in a hotel The Wembley down the side of the station 

Landlord said you can see Wembley From the Hotel 

HI you can If you stood on the Bastard Chimney 

People are having to register then when they try to buy it says your membership isn’t valid 🤦🏻‍♂️

Having to wait 24hrs. Why not put out some comms in the last couple of days and allow people to register in readiness 

Edited by barrycowdrill

7 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

People are having to register then when they try to buy it says your membership isn’t valid 🤦🏻‍♂️

Having to wait 24hrs. Why not put out some comms in the last couple of days and allow people to register in readiness 

They did on Twitter yesterday but only in response to being questioned about this

That’s not going to reach the majority who think general sale is Just that though is it 

the guy is fucking obsessed with harvesting data 

agreed - open sale - which they stated - should be open sale - open to anyone

Obviously they need an email address to send tickets to - and maybe a name 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

North Wembley is about a mile up the high street and at the end all the Plymouth boozers are. Wembley Central is an overground normal train service which runs from Marylebone about every half hour and right next to the ground, Wembley Park is our end where our designated pubs are and the start of Wembley way and the easiest from anywhere central 

42BB7D4D-8AB5-4423-ABD0-D6233BD0C24D.thumb.png.594a1a76c593110f63276ec92b682410.png

Posted this a while back - do you think this will be accurate? Or is it reviewed/changed on a game to game basis?

I know you’ve been to Wembley more regularly than most of us on here, so interested to get your take. Was the Box Park allocation unusual to go to the West side? 

I was planning on getting to the Torch early near the Wembley Park tube station as it was a “East side Pub”, but with it being so close to Box Park which is now allocated Plymouth it’s making me wonder 🤔

4 minutes ago, desperado said:

42BB7D4D-8AB5-4423-ABD0-D6233BD0C24D.thumb.png.594a1a76c593110f63276ec92b682410.png

Posted this a while back - do you think this will be accurate? Or is it reviewed/changed on a game to game basis?

I know you’ve been to Wembley more regularly than most of us on here, so interested to get your take. Was the Box Park allocation unusual to go to the West side? 

I was planning on getting to the Torch early near the Wembley Park tube station as it was a “East side Pub”, but with it being so close to Box Park which is now allocated Plymouth it’s making me wonder 🤔

Yeh they’re pretty standard and don’t really change. It’s confused me why they allocated the Box Park to argyle as it’s bang on Wembley way on “our” side if you like. Plus they’ve got the green man which holds a good few and all of the others which are the NE side of the ground if you’re looking at it from WW. So, Geographically it doesn’t make any sense at all. 

The torch is ours so that would be fine to head to if you’re not too bothered about last orders being called at 1. They’ll all be packed round there as our coaches will all head to parking in/around the ground and there’s not many other places to go so everyone will quite rightly head to the allocated pubs