Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

ET or straight to pens?

5.1.6  Final.

(i)  The two winners from the Semi-Finals will contest the Final.

(ii)  The final shall be played on a date and at a time to be determined by the League.

(iii)  The Match will be of ninety minutes duration. If the scores are level at the end of the Match then there will be a period of extra time of thirty minutes duration. If the scores remain level after extra time then the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.

We should have it wrapped up in regulation time but I've booked a hotel in case we take longer to win.

59 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Apart from whealdstone.. Where's the wanderers main boozer near the stadium? 

It's massively changed from what I can see since 2012. 

I’m guessing The Torch & maybe the fanzone next to the Arena which is an area designated for fans seated in the East side of the stadium.

44 minutes ago, Ciabatta said:

Hearing of a Fantastic 3-1 win on Friday against a strong Rotherham side at the UniBol. 1-0 down but Kacha, Dempsey and Dec John scored for a convincing win. 

READY FOR WEMBLEY

CIA

Hearing our lot were wankered on the Barbican yesterday for keeper Burtons wetting the baby’s head. 

32 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

You can at the Dolphin too. They serve Bass straight out of the old wooden barrels. Had two pints of that sat outside last time I was there.

Still had Christmas decorations up in there when we went in August, what a place.

Just now, Marc505 said:

Still had Christmas decorations up in there when we went in August, what a place.

Its "characterful".  Barely changed since the 1960s other than the profile of its custom. In those days it was a definite Navy pub - when the Navy was big and Devonport had many more ships/men based there than it does now. 

11 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Its "characterful".  Barely changed since the 1960s other than the profile of its custom. In those days it was a definite Navy pub - when the Navy was big and Devonport had many more ships/men based there than it does now. 

Enjoyed that whole Barbican area really had a decent atmosphere, probably helped by weather like. Can imagine that whole area has seen some rum characters in its time, literally.

7 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Enjoyed that whole Barbican area really had a decent atmosphere, probably helped by weather like. Can imagine that whole area has seen some rum characters in its time, literally.

It's a special little piece of England. More touristy now than it once was but still unique.