Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

10 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ll be doing something similar if we end up back there in May, getting to the stadium/fan zone to early turned out to be a farce. 

Yep, we made that mistake, just felt in limbo for a bit. That fanzone could and should have been 5 times bigger. There is more than enough room outside that stadium to have more bars etc. 

We ended up just going in at 1 when it opened and supping in there instead.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ll be doing something similar if we end up back there in May, getting to the stadium/fan zone to early turned out to be a farce. 

Yes I agree - The experts on here were right. On May 29th that’s the way I’ll be going 😊

Torch, Wembley Tavern full, that sports bar trying to charge a tenner to get in!!

Glad I persevered with FanZone queue . It was decent once we got in. And met plenty in there

10 minutes ago, boogs said:

Yep, we made that mistake, just felt in limbo for a bit. That fanzone could and should have been 5 times bigger. There is more than enough room outside that stadium to have more bars etc. 

We ended up just going in at 1 when it opened and supping in there instead.

Got the Overground from Watford to Wembley Central and every pub en route was for Plymouth, and half empty at that. Made a 2 second attempt at getting in to the fanzone then sacked it off in favour of going straight in. Managed to find a Budweiser draught bar and a real ale one at the side of it, both with no queue. The four pints for £22.50 Budweiser felt like quite a decent deal in the scheme of things. 

Started queuing at fan zone about 12 ish and got turned away about 12:30 rammed!!.

Went back down the steps jus outside the stadium and walked straight into a Plymouth bar , hardly anyone in and dead easy to get served (cans) Stella pint cans £4 bargain really.

Had a great time in there with some very friendly Janners.

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Got the Overground from Watford to Wembley Central and every pub en route was for Plymouth, and half empty at that. Made a 2 second attempt at getting in to the fanzone then sacked it off in favour of going straight in. Managed to find a Budweiser draught bar and a real ale one at the side of it, both with no queue. The four pints for £22.50 Budweiser felt like quite a decent deal in the scheme of things. 

better deal than the 3 double cheeseburgers for £36 from the burger van near the top of wembley way

• Members

If you was one of the people who helped my dad after he collapsed and banged his head prior to the match yesterday in a pub, thankyou very much for ringing the paramedics and keeping him safe. He's got a sore head and ribs today but he's OK. 

Was worrying with me being up here not knowing what was going on. 

7 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

If you was one of the people who helped my dad after he collapsed and banged his head prior to the match yesterday in a pub, thankyou very much for ringing the paramedics and keeping him safe. He's got a sore head and ribs today but he's OK. 

Good news your dads alright….. he’s not called Colin is he? 😳

8 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Sorry to hear your dad had a fall. Was he able to get to the game?

21 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

better deal than the 3 double cheeseburgers for £36 from the burger van near the top of wembley way

Yeh, took one look at prices on the way and gave it all a swerve. Inside - level 2 anyhow - was much better with a lot of options. Even the more expensive ones looked (just about) worth it and you could get chicken and chips for £6 and not feel too badly done by.

2 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Yeh, took one look at prices on the way and gave it all a swerve. Inside - level 2 anyhow - was much better with a lot of options. Even the more expensive ones looked (just about) worth it and you could get chicken and chips for £6 and not feel too badly done by.

I was fucking starving after driving down and the tube so unfortunately was suckered in, and had to get the son and his mate one, if we'd had chips too would have been over £50 - The mrs held out and got a meal deal from co-op for 8p, 3 minutes later, and reminded me about it all day.

33 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Ye, exactly the same here. Got the 4 bud deal, didn't think bad price that either. 

Then was on gravity from the real ale bar, wouldn't be my choice usually but tasted bloody lovely when you could walk up and get a drink in 30 seconds 😁

• Moderators

Did the Plymouth fans not really drink?

Had a great view of the bottom 2 tiers from my area. It looked like Plymouth had sold about 10,000 more tickets than us 30/40 mins before KO.

The BWFC fans must have been under the stands or outside.

By KO it had evened itself out.

• Site Supporter

I’ll tell you what, Euston to the match and back, and standing up all day too, there’s some steps involved.

I felt like I’d tried to mark Dion Charles when I got on the train. My knees were fucked when I got home. Fogerty junior had to help me out of the car when she picked me up from ManPicc.

That might have been the Neck Oil though.

Right as rain this morning mind.

Fantastic performance from Sharon, Michael and all the other investors to get us turned around and heading upwards.

Magnificent management by I.E. to gel the team, get us playing well, with flair and lots of entertainment.

Wonderful performance by the players, throughout the season and especially yesterday - your timing for this perfect performance was impeccable!

But, most of all, you, the superwhite Bolton Wanderers fans, you (we) were quite simply outstanding yesterday and have been all season. We have gone through so much over the last few years, but those long and many painful days are a thing of the past, the good times are back and our rise will continue.

Thank you all for making my (our) day so special.

44 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

definitley agree, in May I'll be heading inside early, the craft ale was decent, prices were fine and in level 5 the service was fast and good view over London skyline, and plenty of piss heads to laugh at   

30 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I’ll tell you what, Euston to the match and back, and standing up all day too, there’s some steps involved.

I felt like I’d tried to mark Dion Charles when I got on the train. My knees were fucked when I got home. Fogerty junior had to help me out of the car when she picked me up from ManPicc.

That might have been the Neck Oil though.

Right as rain this morning mind.

Just watched a re-run of the game on Sky, when Santos climbs the steps to collect the trophy he clearly says to someone under the stand - how many more steps?  They point upwards, his reply - 'farkin hell'