Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

7 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Yes I went to the games in the 70s. I thought we were talking about the Prem.

Just had a look at their squads from back then Joe Royle and Norman Hunter played for them, apart from that never heard of any of them.

4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Just had a look at their squads from back then Joe Royle and Norman Hunter played for them, apart from that never heard of any of them.

They had a few decent players like Gerry Gow and a keeper called Cashley but didn’t spend much like ourselves.

Perfect day, perfect performance & a proper statement win at the home of football. Massive praise to everybody involved in bringing us back to life after all the shit we've had to endure the last decade or so. All the XI obviously playing their part but Demps midfield display is one of the best I've seen in ages it was like he was playing in fast forward mode along with Dion who showed a proper display of how to lead a line. Kacha looked very classy, fantastic link up play & a very nice finish with great composure shown. Enjoy it everyone

woke at 3am had a bath watched some Tv 

Got picked up at 5.45  for the 7.55 flight to Heathrow was full of Bolton Fans 

Express train was Fucked so got a Tube Was Rammed got up from my seat to look at the Tube mam some Fat Woman sat in my seat Bold as Brass WTF 

Got to Baker st Spoons at 10.15  was 70%Bolton 30%Plymoth 

Stayed there till 1.30 Them up To Wembley 

What a Game had a few pints at HT chatted to a few off Here

After game stright back to Heathrow Got there with a hour To spear 

Flight Delayed 45 mins so had a Meal 

Was back home in bed by 11pm 

Woke at 11 this morning  Last time i had 12Hrs Kip i was on my Mums Tit 

5 minutes ago, little whitt said:

woke at 3am had a bath watched some Tv 

Got picked up at 5.45  for the 7.55 flight to Heathrow was full of Bolton Fans 

Express train was Fucked so got a Tube Was Rammed got up from my seat to look at the Tube mam some Fat Woman sat in my seat Bold as Brass WTF 

Got to Baker st Spoons at 10.15  was 70%Bolton 30%Plymoth 

Stayed there till 1.30 Them up To Wembley 

What a Game had a few pints at HT chatted to a few off Here

After game stright back to Heathrow Got there with a hour To spear 

Flight Delayed 45 mins so had a Meal 

Was back home in bed by 11pm 

Woke at 11 this morning  Last time i had 12Hrs Kip i was on my Mums Tit 

how big, just out of interest?

29 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Gerry Gow, Tricky Tommy Ritchie, were 2 other very good players knocked us out of the FA cup think it was a Tuesday night at Ashton gate after the Saturday game was cancelled, we were mixed in with the Bristol fans, remember Steve W (LA White)  in his full BWFC regalia and horn getting bit of stick and giving plenty back      

What a day that was. I am still flying high. 

Days like that don't happen enough.

Does anyone know a lad from little hulton that doesn't remember how he got to the ground on his own. I stopped our Uber near Wealdstone and took him to and got him on the tube. He had no phone ,money or cards on him had lost his mates and didn't know his own name. It was about 12:30pm.

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Gerry Gow, Tricky Tommy Ritchie, were 2 other very good players knocked us out of the FA cup think it was a Tuesday night at Ashton gate after the Saturday game was cancelled, we were mixed in with the Bristol fans, remember Steve W (LA White)  in his full BWFC regalia and horn getting bit of stick and giving plenty back      

haha - I'm too young to remember that

this one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133329810149

6 minutes ago, batton carrier said:

Does anyone know a lad from little hulton that doesn't remember how he got to the ground on his own. I stopped our Uber near Wealdstone and took him to and got him on the tube. He had no phone ,money or cards on him had lost his mates and didn't know his own name. It was about 12:30pm.

Haha, fair play to you. I don't think I'd have the patience.

There were a few early start victims yesterday. One lad was just bouncing of folk in the concourse at 1.30. I honestly don't know how he'd have managed to get through the turnstile. 

Edited by boogs

• Moderators

one thing noted watching on TV

we came out at them so hard early on

the manager for the rest of the game, every time they showed on camera, just looked dazed and confused

players lost it was well, with the dirty tackles and all that

be interesting to see how it affects their promotion push

26 minutes ago, batton carrier said:

Standard LH lad. :)

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

atmosphere any good?

It was decent as you got a great view. I am not sure if it was different to more prestige game, but the hospitality was weird.

This may have been Club Wembleys fault as we should have been in there, but they fooked up with the tickets and upgraded us to a box.

You had to go down a level to get beers etc.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Very quick getting back to Euston after the game it did help with not many Plymouth fans going that way and with them fucking off early , after the euro semi it took hour & half to get back to station yesterday was a breeze 

Yes it was. All the gates were open so no queuing. Got the first one in a couple of minutes. 20 minutes later it was Neck Oil time.