Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

It is 04:30 start, fill a coach then off it goes, fill another off it goes, they reckon the last one will leave around 07.00am. 31 coaches booked up to now

Fuck that. Glad I'm not involved.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

It is 04:30 start, fill a coach then off it goes, fill another off it goes, they reckon the last one will leave around 07.00am. 31 coaches booked up to now

Where does everyone go whilst waiting to get on?

2 hours ago, Spider said:

4 fucking 30 am?

it’s a 3.5hr journey tops at that time of day. Even with 30 mins at the services you’ll be at Wembley before 9am.

Thats 6 hours before kick off 

Wembley is awful, nothing to do at all (the Asda is ok)

I'd nip on the tube, 10 mins you're in Central London and you can do what you want.

Mind you, we're not leaving home until 12 ish. So whatever.

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, green genie said:

Plymouth and it’s suburban towns of Ivybridge, Saltash and Torpoint about 280k, plus 500k without a league team in Cornwall plus large areas of Devon with rugby being main competitor.

Underachieving is our middle name.

Downside of no local competition is bigger proportion than the norm are glory hunting rags and Jannerpudlians.

Any updates on how many you have sold so far? 

8 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

seems a lot booked on it so far 34 coaches

Exactly why it sounds a ball ache which will need well organising or chaos will ensue. 

I’m not sure how many of those knew about the 4-30AM neither.

Anyway most book this option as it’s “safer” due to the club affiliation. 

3 hours ago, Zico said:

Where does everyone go whilst waiting to get on?

For the Stoke game we just stood on the car park for an hour or so. Probably nearer two. Nowhere to go and nothing to do at stupid o’clock in the morning. Utter chaos. Folk jumping on random coaches. Delays cos folk on wrong coach. Aways like Baggies, Forest, Wednesday were fine when it was less than 10 coaches but I’m driving this time

1 hour ago, green genie said:

How many is the bottom and middle tiers? All but gone now , but strangely three full blocks above box in top hardly touched

06D2497E-E536-4181-B0C2-49E9D434F6F0.thumb.jpeg.c3b9623dba5b9cb5828000be7d743407.jpeg

According to the Wembley website, there are just over 50,000 in bottom and middle tiers. Take out a few blocks for sponsors, segregation etc (we only have c80k of the 90k capacity) and I expect it’s probably 22-23k each team in the bottoms and middle tiers.

9 hours ago, Traf said:

Are you not allocated to a particular coach when you book?

They did last time I went on then we turned up and they just threw people on coaches ended up spread across 3 coaches (the party not myself)