Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Is it "soft" to not televise football injuries?

Jayjay23

43 minutes ago, L/H White said:

it's pointless not showing the clip as it will be readily available on twitter 2 minutes after anyway

my daughters banged her head worse than that coming together last night 

she just has a moan and asks for a fruit shoot

It doesn't bother me as I'm not squeemish, but if it's a horror injury then many don't want to see it replayed.

Like you say, if you REALLY want to see it then it's easy to find on Twitter anyway.

2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

It doesn't bother me as I'm not squeemish, but if it's a horror injury then many don't want to see it replayed.

Like you say, if you REALLY want to see it then it's easy to find on Twitter anyway.

aye, that last night was piss all imo, can get leg breaks

9 hours ago, TM Trotter said:

Thought it was strange to not show it again from the main camera angle at least. As you say, allowing fans to get a better informed opinion in real time.

I get it that you might not want to see the Accrington lad's eyes 360 in his skull in an HD zoomed-in replay, but there's nothing gory about that main angle. 50/50 anyway, no arm from Trafford, free kick at most.*

*Alright, on reflection, maybe it was a yellow. Not bothered 🙃

Why a yellow, he did no more than any defender would have done, went to head the ball and since when has that been against the rules? Ok so the guy got injured because he went to head the ball too and they clashed but that happens in a physical game. Traf never went to intentionally injure the guy just make sure he won the ball and it ended up badly.

10 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Why a yellow, he did no more than any defender would have done, went to head the ball and since when has that been against the rules? Ok so the guy got injured because he went to head the ball too and they clashed but that happens in a physical game. Traf never went to intentionally injure the guy just make sure he won the ball and it ended up badly.

Coleman claimed he used excessive force and therefore the only card that could be given was a red 

He also managed to have a pop at our fans and that theirs wasn't a red

Think he might just be a bad loser

38 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Keeper flying out of the box could be deemed as 'careless'?

4 hours ago, Traf said:

Theirs was a clear red and it seemed like they were targeting Bradley with the amount of fouls they committed against him.

His argument was it wasn't the studs that connected with Bradley's knee but more the side of the boot 

Which it was, but it still doesn't allow for a knee high tackle 

It's like saying he won the ball so it's not a foul 

6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

His argument was it wasn't the studs that connected with Bradley's knee but more the side of the boot 

Which it was, but it still doesn't allow for a knee high tackle 

It's like saying he won the ball so it's not a foul 

Plus when you look at the view the ref has, it looks like studs 

Ergo red card 

1 hour ago, JimmyRiddle said:

The ref went and checked Bradley's knee first just to make sure, then carded him as must have been some marks!!

The Traf thing, he clearly gets the ball it goes in the opposite direction, if anything the foul is against the Accrington lad. I do wonder what they refs see sometimes.

Was reaction from the home fans (well fan) that got the ref thinking Traf was the culprit. Your spot on

when david buust got blocked by dennis irwin and it fucked his leg up, that were all over the papers , the weird 90 degree angle of his lower shinbones and the , iirc, puncture wound near his hip . 

how the fuck he didnt lose his leg i'll never know. 

the editing comes later , the news has some fucking cheek being scolds about it now (gore, injury , etc).