Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheffield Wednesday Friday

Marc505

• Site Supporter

I’m completely abandoning my positive outlook for this one now! Hard nose realism takes over - but just for one game, as my positive outlook will come back again for Wembley and the run-in.

Evatt will (understandably) make changes next week. Probably too many as he looks to rest some of the regulars and give those who’ve been waiting in the wings a chance.

We’ll lose (probably quite convincingly). We’ll concede a goal trying to play it out from the back and there’ll be meltdowns in certain quarters that Evatt is stubborn, he doesn’t have a plan B, doesn’t know what he is doing and he’s gone back to being a tinkerman not knowing what our best team is. The squad and new signings will be derided because we’ve lost to the top of the league and Wembley will be frowned upon for distracting us…

I’m now ditching the idea of the train and driving. 

Fast forward to April 2nd for a more positive outlook 😊

A "weakened" team v Wednesday and a "full strength" team at Wembley is still likely to be two defeats and could be Evatt's Sporting Lisbon/Wigan pivot with the fans.

All I'm guessing is that the cup-tied players will play at Sheffield and that Thomason's only hope of a game at Wembley rest on him playing on friday.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

A "weakened" team v Wednesday and a "full strength" team at Wembley is still likely to be two defeats and could be Evatt's Sporting Lisbon/Wigan pivot with the fans.

All I'm guessing is that the cup-tied players will play at Sheffield and that Thomason's only hope of a game at Wembley rest on him playing on friday.

We've got a two week gap till wembley. Plenty of rest time. Be a strong team. 

• Moderators
On 11/03/2023 at 18:51, MickyD said:

Not that long ago we had top and bottom tiers. Fairly sure it was the game the Bolton fan fell from upper to lower. Perhaps a night match.

Bottom tier was empty that day 

Would've guessed 97 with the numbers we took they day

1 minute ago, Zico said:

Bottom tier was empty that day 

Would've guessed 97 with the numbers we took they day

Don't think we've had bottom tier at all since we came down from PL. 

The lad falling from upper tier was the game we played in gray and Mark Davies scored. I'd been carted out for drinking in the stand already by that stage (I'd literally just been passed a bottle to hold while my mate climbed down a row and got spotted by a steward that very moment... but, you don't dwell on missing out on brilliant goals and wins do you...)

12 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Don't think we've had bottom tier at all since we came down from PL. 

The lad falling from upper tier was the game we played in gray and Mark Davies scored. I'd been carted out for drinking in the stand already by that stage (I'd literally just been passed a bottle to hold while my mate climbed down a row and got spotted by a steward that very moment... but, you don't dwell on missing out on brilliant goals and wins do you...)

Didn’t have it when we played them in the PL

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Last time I remember us having the bottom tier was when we won there in our promotion season under Allardyce.  Ian Marshall scoring the third iirc.

Now you've said that, I think I was in it.

Marshall backed into their defender then turned and rammed it in.

37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Now you've said that, I think I was in it.

Marshall backed into their defender then turned and rammed it in.

That's the one.

I went with a Sheff Weds fan from work and he drove me there and back .  Wonderful day.

Fans will be ace as usual.

I think when you look at the some of the boring ends to seasons we've had over the past decade, that this is a run in to be treasured. Few exceptions in there for sure. 

6th in the league and a battle for the playoffs ahead. Trip to Wembley. It's a great time to be a BWFC fan. I think we'll give them a good game on Friday and come away with a point. If we don't it's onwards and upwards. 

Can any of the Scotland based whites watch it ont telly?