Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheffield Wednesday Friday

Marc505

21 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Been in that upper tier plenty of times and even queuing for a beer at the kiosk, when we've taken decent numbers, gets ridiculously crushed.

Said the same every time I’ve been.

En route to the ‘Liam Trotter game’ our tram got delayed en route. A good couple of hundred Bolton fans on it. Ended up getting to the ground just after 3.10 to find there was only one turnstile open even though they’d have known full well that there were hundreds of ticket holders still to arrive. I’d consider that to be basic safety management at any venue, but for one with that layout and history is ridiculous. 

It isn't fit for purpose, it's a fucking dump in that away end and Sheff Weds fans justifying it out of some blind loyalty to their club are idiots. I don't mind an old school terrace or stand, but Leppings Lane end wants razing to the ground.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I suspect it won’t be on, purely because it was a designated as a weekend fixture rather than specifically midweek and only moved because of the EFL cock up

looks like it's on

just been on the site and you can already buy a video match pass for £10

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/202223/march/sheffield-wednesday-vs-bolton-wanderers-on-18-mar-23/

fNhi5a7.png

• Moderators
2 hours ago, marple whites said:

Come on - it’s not far for you to travel !

nothing more I'd love than an afternoon in Sheffield on the ale before an evening kick off (and could get a lift home too)

but can't do it this weekend