Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheffield Wednesday Friday

Marc505

Got nothing to fear let's go for them, the longer a winning run goes on for, the closer it comes to its end.

Saying that, we know what to expect in these games, tight and not much in it, coming down to moments in both boxes. Unfortunately this area is where I think we need to improve the most in.

We have a poor record in these matches, not because we get outclassed or dominated, it's hardly ever the case, but it's mistakes in both ends and not being aggressive enough to 1st and 2nd balls.

Just look at Ipswich last week, we were poor, but was so avoidable, 2 defensive howlers, missed penalty, we aren't ruthless enough. Was the same in the both games Vs Plymouth, Derby, Sheff Weds at Home in August.

I've said before, we have got a very very young squad and like Mbete showed last week, they make mistakes, meanwhile Sheff Weds,Derby, Plymouth all average much higher aged squads and don't make mistakes, but also, they've had more of a budget to throw at it.

And as Evatt said, we're not about that, we develop our young players and grow that way.

It is a process and we have to be patient. But that starts with our players learning from lots of games where we can be much better or more difficult to beat. And to avoid naive mistakes, learn and grow. Once we start doing that and become more experience and aggressive at this level, with our brand, style, possession, pressing and control of most matches, we will be a really big force to be reckoned with.

Getting there, but just not there yet.

Edited by Lostock Whites

Feeling strangely confident.

Nothing to lose have we lads.

Let them come at us, Charles and Shoretire in behind on the break.

Cant be fucking about with it on our 6 yard line tonight. Kick the cunt as far away from our goal and their strikers as humanly possible.

2 hours ago, Steejay said:

Wasn’t really looking forward to this.

But, just had my first pint, feeling more positive already.

Gonna have a great awayday. 💪🏻

Good to see you and Mr Grey again. Enjoy your night. Bring back at least a point.👍

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Feeling strangely confident.

Nothing to lose have we lads.

Let them come at us, Charles and Shoretire in behind on the break.

Cant be fucking about with it on our 6 yard line tonight. Kick the cunt as far away from our goal and their strikers as humanly possible.

Surely Evatt not gonna start Shoretire… got smashed by Ipswich sheff we’d make mincemeat of him… all gnarled old pros would start for me. 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Surely Evatt not gonna start Shoretire… got smashed by Ipswich sheff we’d make mincemeat of him… all gnarled old pros would start for me. 

Yeah good shout.

Kachunga it is then.