Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheffield Wednesday Friday

Marc505

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Are we now selling bottom tier?

Got 2 tickets for a mate today on Row E - ours on initial day of sale are row 9 -

We’ve taken full allocation of just over 3,700 - I’d have thought top tier could hold that?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bwfc2003 said:

Are we now selling bottom tier?

Got 2 tickets for a mate today on Row E - ours on initial day of sale are row 9 -

That might confuse things, at what point do the rows stop being alphabetical and start being numerical?

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

That might confuse things, at what point do the rows stop being alphabetical and start being numerical?

Upper and lower, I expect.

Must admit I’m glad I’m in the upper. Just something in me would give me the fear having to go through the tunnel in the lower etc. 

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

We’ve taken full allocation of just over 3,700 - I’d have thought top tier could hold that?

Newcastle got 4,500 tickets for the cup tie, so 3,700 is definitely a reduced allocation, maybe a reaction to the crowd control issues they had at that game.  But more than enough for us, might have been different on a Saturday. 

Can anyone remember the last time we had fans in the lower tier?  I stood on that terrace with a few hundred others in 1982 and we didn't play there for donkeys years after that, I've never known them open up the bottom tier for us since?

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Newcastle got 4,500 tickets for the cup tie, so 3,700 is definitely a reduced allocation, maybe a reaction to the crowd control issues they had at that game.  But more than enough for us, might have been different on a Saturday. 

Can anyone remember the last time we had fans in the lower tier?  I stood on that terrace with a few hundred others in 1982 and we didn't play there for donkeys years after that, I've never known them open up the bottom tier for us since?

They have to give the away team a bigger percentage in cup ties. Ive also stood on there in the past, but its a very long time ago, so cant answer your question in all fairness.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, green genie said:

That’s about 500 in bottom tier.

sorry, but be amazed if you get a sniff out of their back 3

If it's owt like today, their back 3 can take a picnic with them.

Over run in midfield with playing only 2, two strikers and a kid a bit out of his depth at the moment.

I'd like to see Thomason in, with Dempsey, Morley and Lee. Morley made into an all round midfielder now, but with only 2 he's playing deeper and not affecting the attack so much. 

And a left footed wing back. 

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If it's owt like today, their back 3 can take a picnic with them.

Over run in midfield with playing only 2, two strikers and a kid a bit out of his depth at the moment.

I'd like to see Thomason in, with Dempsey, Morley and Lee. Morley made into an all round midfielder now, but with only 2 he's playing deeper and not affecting the attack so much. 

And a left footed wing back. 

I’d have MJ in midfield on Friday if fit.