Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Home

Ani

No complaints better team won all teams know how we play this slow build up just doesn’t work against the better teams for me the Wembley final is a distraction and I worry we will come up short for the play offs.

As for all the new signings none of them have really improved us tbh! 

As predicted, similar to SW at home.

Comfortable away win for a team that are far better than us and will go up automatically.

We haven’t scored a single home goal against any of the top 5 and that tells a story.

Next week is a write off and we will then need to avoid defeat @ Exeter and hopefully kick on.

Edited by captainmed

We've had all the evidence we need of our place in the pecking order in this league. Maybe we're unlucky at how many Championship quality sides there are in League 1 in 22/23. Maybe in the long term we'll be better for our exposure to such opposition. Either way we've got some way to travel before we get to the same standard consistently. As with all things BWFC over the past two years the exciting thing is that there's ambition. 

It's hard for Bolton fans to maintain patience when we're a tier 3 side but its likely more will be required.

4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

We've been pish since the semi.

From putting pressure on the top two to looking over our shoulders in the playoffs 

I can't see us as top six come the end of the season.

If we get embarrassed at Wembley and don't make the play offs, you do gotta question the priorities and ambition of this set up????

Outclassed by a team that will go up this year I think. The sooner Johnston comes back the better, arguably our player of the season prior to his injury.

Lee has to play when fit. We have much more of a balance with him, Morley and Dempsey in Midfield. Victor was once again dreadful, shoretire not much better.

Shoretire and Charles up top against Ipswich please Evatt. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

We've had all the evidence we need of our place in the pecking order in this league. Maybe we're unlucky at how many Championship quality sides there are in League 1 in 22/23. Maybe in the long term we'll be better for our exposure to such opposition. Either way we've got some way to travel before we get to the same standard consistently. As with all things BWFC over the past two years the exciting thing is that there's ambition. 

It's hard for Bolton fans to maintain patience when we're a tier 3 side but its likely more will be required.

👏👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

Outclassed by a team that will go up this year I think. The sooner Johnston comes back the better, arguably our player of the season prior to his injury.

Lee has to play when fit. We have much more of a balance with him, Morley and Dempsey in Midfield. Victor was once again dreadful, shoretire not much better.

Weve just played Ipswich!

I don’t have a problem with playing out from the back but we just need to be quicker at it instead of the walking football. If you look back a couple of months our back 3 of Johnson, Aimson and Toal were superb, even Traf threw the ball out quicker as the backs weren’t standing a yard away from him and the midfield could then actually function. I’m not disagreeing that Rico isn’t a better player than Aimson but somebody, IE hopefully, has to tell him that being so slow is just causing us problems and he needs to get a shift on getting the ball upfield.

5 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

Shoretire was a 10 Victor & Charles up top 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Farnywhite said:

Think we will need more investment as well .

Sell to buy.... All have their price but I'd hope to keep Toal, Santos, Johnstone, Dempsey, Morley & Lee ( Bradley for another year if possible 8)..... be happy to trade any of the others for fresh blood.

We'll done Ipswich, deserved to win. 

Us, not great. Just outplayed from minute one. Sixth best team loses to third best team. It happens. Sick of hearing wembley is a distraction, it's not, you'd be busting a gut to make sure you're in that starting eleven come final day. We're just not as good as the top teams, it's apparent every time we play them, we never bag a goal.  In my opinion we're another year away from being a Wednesday, Plymouth, Ipswich. We'll make playoffs this year and have a pot shot in going up , and I hope we do ....but I'm not expecting we will. 

We're improving, gradually....

That said, our better games include Lee, he must feel hard done by. 34 isn't exactly geriatric....the new signings have come in and he gets potted?  Feels like we sacrificed a winning formula to accommodate some signings that haven't necessarily improved us.

And does anyone listen to Bolton FM on the drive home? Who was that clown first up? 

"Am a season ticket holder but didn't go today cos I knew what was gonna happen" 

"Connor Bradley is our weak link, we win 5-0 when he doesn't play" 🤣🤣

Absolute clown. Connor B will have ten years in the prem and 80+ caps! 

Where the hell do we reel them out from? 

1 hour ago, lobbypond said:

We've been on the beach since reaching the Minnie Mouse trophy final.

Its a bad run, we do bad runs, so its impossible to say if its anything to do with Wembley.  And we were already playing poorly (Wycombe and the laboured performance v 10 men at Accy).  Also difficult to tell if its a cause for concern when we're getting par for the course results for the fixtures we've had - beat lower teams at home, fail to score against higher teams and Pompey, struggle at small grounds.  Won't really know if its an unusually bad run till our next "unexpected" defeat.